CIMA+ is currently seeking applications for an experienced Transportation Manager, Calgary, AB office, from qualified individuals, with 10 or more years of experience in the transportation engineering industry and preferably past experience leading a group of engineers and technologists responsible for planning, design and construction management of transportation infrastructure projects. This is a potential Partnership opportunity. The successful candidate should have strong interpersonal skills, experience in project management, business development, proposal writing, people and resource management. The Transportation Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of complex rural and urban roadway development projects, including projects delivered through alternate delivery methods such as Public/Private Partnerships and Design Build.
- Business development to grow CIMA+ profile within the Transportation and engineering industry.
- Manage the planning and design work for transportation infrastructure projects.
- Responsible for the management of project budgets, schedules and staffing.
- Mentorship and supervision of other engineers and technologists.
- Oversee the preparation and review of contract and tender documents.
- Lead the preparation of proposal documents.
- Working within and managing client expectations.
- Identification and development of new business opportunities.
- Leading public open houses or presentations to councils, administration and the general public as required.
- Recruitment of staff and building a team.
- P. Eng. in Civil Engineering with registration as a P. Eng. with APEGA or eligible for registration within six months of employment start date, or equivalent.
- 10 or more years of relevant experience.
- Past experience in business development, client relationship management, personnel management, and project management.
- Combination of relevant experience and education will be considered.
A World of Opportunities at CIMA+
CIMA+ is a multidisciplinary firm that specializes in engineering, project management, urban planning, new technologies, and the environment. We provide a full range of services in the sectors of urban infrastructure, civil engineering, environment, transportation, building, industry, energy and hydroelectricity, telecommunications, geomatics, and urban planning.
At CIMA+ our goal is to assemble high-quality teams, which is why we always hire experts who share and enhance our standards of excellence. Our experts work in engineering, project management, urban planning, new technologies, and sustainable development. At CIMA+ it will be up to you to improve an ever-changing world. You will be involved in projects where creativity and innovation are a prerequisite. At CIMA+, your actions matter.
Flexible schedules, paid overtime, and the possibility of banking overtime hours
Simplified Employee Pension Plan
Comprehensive Benefit Plan
Sick leave and personal leave
Possibility of investing in a company profit-sharing plan
Adapted computer tools (remote computer access and smart phone)
On-site vaccination campaigns
Career path adapted to family needs
Social and environmental initiatives (becoming a member of the sustainable practices committee)
Orientation, mentoring, and learning in the work environment
Continuous training program
(Some of the above-mentioned benefits may vary according to employment status and job description. The masculine generic refers to both the masculine and feminine genders and is used for conciseness purposes only. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted further. CIMA+ applies the Equal Access Employment Program.)