At Blast Radius, we are inspired by a vision of strategy, technology and creative working in harmony to make innovative experiences. We’ve won awards for our work, for the way we manage our company and for the way we treat our employees, but our greatest reward is the growing list of global brands who turn to us time and time again for results they can count on.
We are looking for a highly conceptual multidisciplinary Art Director, with a passion for innovating across channels , to join our amazing Toronto creative team. Working closely with the Creative Director, and the Client Director; the Senior Art Director is the tip of the spear developing conceptual ideas and visual design initiatives for some of the biggest and most innovative projects. You will be responsible for developing creative concepts, and personally seeing project design all the way through execution.
- Create the conceptual platforms for client projects and translate it to flow, layout, color and type-based selection across disciplines
- Pitch creative concepts to internal teams and clients and clearly communicate concepts from a historical, design, business, and competitive standpoint.
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically and understands the client's needs.
- Mentor to the user-experience team, ensure creative concepts are consistently carried through all aspects of the project and the end product meets production and client requirements.
- Ability to lead and direct other designers –AND personally execute work
- Create and design the concepts for style guides.
- Assist in articulation of design problems and solutions.
- Participates and facilitates brainstorming sessions.
- Effectively communicate vision and production details for successful integration by other designers and developers.
Required Skills and Experience
- 8-10 years experience in a digital and traditional agency environment
- Kick-Ass conceptual portfolio of award winning work that demonstrates strong conceptual and design skills, innovation in engaging consumer experiences across multiple channels ie) TV, print, OOH, apps, online, social, installations…
- Demonstrated knowledge of production processes, technologies and design theory.
- Experience and success working with global brands.
- Demonstrated competency designing for TV, Print, HTML and Flash
- Excellent user of relevant design software, Photoshop and Illustrator, knowledge of Flash
- Experience applying theories related to color schemes, use of space, text placement, typography, layout, motion design, usability and visual flow.
- Sense of humor essential !!
- Permanently Rolled Up Sleeves !
- Planning and Organizing
- Decision Making
- Results Orientation
** If you are interested in applying for this position, please include a link to your online portfolio with your application **