Senior Content Strategist
You’ve got a fabulous portfolio that showcases a variety of industry verticals in a multitude of formats—from apps, FB pages, and micro-sites to large e-commerce builds. You’ve got a several years under your belt and are ready to embark on the next phase of your interactive career.
You excel when you collaborate with the strategy, user experience, and creative teams on innovations and solutions, yet you’re equally comfortable when you have to squirrel yourself away and develop a complicated content strategy. You thrive in a fast paced environment, sweating over deliverables and timelines. But you can wipe that sweat from your brow and meet the client with a cool and professional smile.
How did you get here? You’ve been in the interactive game for at least 5 years, most preferably with a digital agency. And you’ve got a related degree in communications studies, marketing, English or journalism.
Strategists at Blast Radius are seasoned communication and brand strategists with in-depth knowledge of the digital and online industry as well as a passion for customer experience innovation and e-commerce marketing. Outstanding communicators, they are effective at developing unique, market defining solutions for our global clients. Their strong strategic understanding of business and brands combined with their ability to understand our client’s consumers and translate research into key insights that result in exceptional marketing strategies and online user experiences.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Content Strategist will have a proven track record developing content strategy for branded digital media and impactful campaigns across multiple platforms—preferably on global accounts—and will have a deep understanding of social media and ecommerce. A mentor and a leader in their discipline, they embrace learning and growth in themselves and others.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will work collaboratively with other creative souls, marketing minded strategists, and data driven technologists to create effective content for a variety of clients and digital applications.
- As a thought leader in brand, communication and digital content strategy, you will support account leaders to identify specific business and marketing challenges
- As a trusted advisor in brand, communication and digital content strategy, you will participate in the planning and conception phase of an engagement by developing creative briefs and overseeing the conception process
- Develop client relationships and influence stakeholders at multiple levels within the client organization
- Advise clients on strategic campaign initiatives drawing on your online knowledge of Strategy, Marketing, Branding, Content, and Technology
- Provide leadership and guidance to clients and internal Blast Radius team for increasingly complex client engagements through ongoing research, learning and knowledge of changing markets, emerging technologies, trends, and social networks.
- Strategize: collaborate with the creative team, interaction architects and usability experts on innovations in online user experience
- Research: dive deep into competitive and non-competitive digital platforms to identify best (and worst) practices, and incorporate the best thinking into project work
- Audit: meticulously catalogue and assess existing content and identify gaps
- Plan: create clear, simple content strategies, content matrixes, and content plans that both marketing executives and CMS developers can understand
- Organize: use client collateral, site audit, research and best practices to create a tone and manner, nomenclature, linking strategies and more
- Write: capture a brand voice to create guidelines for the right copy at the right time for the right audience
- Edit & proof: you’re as picky about prepositions as you are about a client’s business goals
- Design: contribute ideas and work with the creative team to ensure the content strategy comes to fruition on mood boards, mocks, distributed media, websites and more
- Present: internal presentation of ideas, support the strategy and creative directors during client meetings, and help prepare pitch materials
- Learn & teach: you’re expected to keep up on industry trends, to share your knowledge and to learn from your peers
- Participate: we’d love to get to know you and have you join in all our fun Blast Radius social activities
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree Minimum of 5 years mid level digital content strategy experience, including developed capabilities in brand and communication strategy, practical experience in a Digital Marketing environment
- Well-developed communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills including presentation decks, frameworks, and reports
- Proven track record of working across multiple digital platforms with multi-disciplinary teams
- Able to effectively engage people and deliver impactful content and campaign recommendations based on customer research and understanding of client’s business
- Recognized both for execution as well as strategic thinking and able to make timely decisions in complex situations
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a leader
- Open to travel
- Experience in consumer packaged goods and/or apparel
- Experience in ecommerce and social media preferably on global accounts
- Ability to grasp the nuances of a clients’ business and participate in the creation of outstanding digital solutions
- Ability to process various sources of research and translate into digital strategies that align with the client’s business goals
- Ability to think broadly and plan content deployment across multiple platforms
- Self-starter, demonstrating appropriate levels of assertiveness with a high-degree of self-confidence
- Effective communicator
- Highly collaborative team player
- Analytical and effective in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to influence people at multiple levels
- Ability to facilitate knowledge development
- Demonstrates a continual desire and capability to extend knowledge