Senior Interaction Designer
Blast Radius is a global digital agency helping build our clients’ businesses by connecting brands and consumers in creative and innovative ways. We uncover the shared ideal that lies at the intersection of consumer passion and brand purpose and bring it to life in always-on brand experiences and integrated campaigns.
The Senior Interaction Designer works closely with Designers, Strategists, and Technologists to imagine, document and create the user experience. The Senior Interaction Designer works on complex projects sometimes leading junior team members.
- Estimate the User Experience Design effort involved in a project and ensures the right tools are being utilized
- Work closely with account and strategy teams to assist in research & requirements gathering; supporting site strategies, competitive analysis, user profiles, and scenarios or other research as applicable
- Create customer journeys, experience maps, ecosystem diagrams that account for different users, channels, and phases within multiple contexts
- Collaborate to create impactful design that supports business, brand, and customer
- Contribute or lead ideation with an interdisciplinary team. Be able to provide & receive feedback in a design critique environment.
- At times and when appropriate, act as a Usability Strategist or Design Researcher on projects
- Produce sketches, prototypes, wireframes, storyboards, scenarios, flow diagrams, and site maps to effectively communicate design intent to internal & external stakeholders
- Be involved throughout the design process from synthesizing upfront strategy to co-creating UX with visual designers to providing IxD QA on the build
- Mentor junior members of the IxD team
- Maintain professional development through active participation in global or local User Experience Design community groups
- Candidates should have 5+ years of professional experience designing user experiences with strong information visualization, prototyping, and usability knowledge
- A degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Interactive Arts, Cognitive Psychology or a related design discipline is preferred
- Expert in tools such as Visio, Illustrator, or Omnigraffle for diagramming ideas and Axure for Prototyping interaction
- A portfolio that demonstrates designing for multiple channels and the relationships between those touch points is required.
- Consistent attention to detail and exceptional organization, logic and analytical skills
- Have ‘depth’ in interaction design and information architecture with ‘breadth’ in web technologies, psychology and visual design.
- Is an expert in user-centered design and an advocate for the user throughout the project lifecycle
- Know when it’s appropriate to follow design patterns and when it’s good to stretch a pattern or break the convention
- Knowledge of project management and leadership fundamentals
- Advanced ability to innovate and problem solve
- An ability to ask appropriate questions with superior communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- An ability to communicate ideas to a diverse non-technical audience and constructively integrate feedback
- An avid reader, follower, and conference attender of everything UX. Curious about emerging technologies and how it can improve the user experience