Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working for a Global Technology Leader?
At Aviat Networks, we take great pride in hiring a workforce that is committed to supporting and strengthening our values and attributes. If you’re a results-oriented, customer centric and innovative thinker who also takes pride in personal and professional integrity, Aviat Networks is the ideal next step in your career. We are looking for people who love to solve problems, enjoy change and know how to have fun so come and join a dynamic team that strives to bring communications to the world.
Aviat Networks is the world’s largest independent supplier of wireless transmission systems. We are recognized worldwide for cutting-edge; 4G, backhaul, networking solutions and services. Customers in more than 135 countries depend on Aviat Networks to build, expand and upgrade their voice, data, and video solutions.
We currently have an immediate need for a Senior Program Manager
The Senior Program Manager works with the engineering leads to develop plans and schedules to deliver against our product rollout priorities. The job includes developing these plans, monitoring the progress against them, managing any revisions and delivering through to the final delivery and transition into volume manufacture.
- Coordinate and monitor the schedule, product cost and technical performance of designated projects
- Develop detailed project plans and schedules from initial concept to release to manufacturing that will achieve the project objectives
- Oversee the execution against the plans, monitoring milestones, issues and mitigating risks to ensure that products and releases are delivered on time
- Perform regular program meetings and gating reviews per product introduction process to ensure project remains on-track and meets compliance to industry requirements
- Report on the program/project status to management and escalate appropriate issues
- Manage key suppliers to ensure external developments meet project objectives
- Work closely with development teams, including software, system engineering, hardware design, signal processing and production test disciplines
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
This is a senior position, requiring a candidate with a proven record in technical project management that includes experience in commercial product development.
- 5 to 10 years experience as a project manager, responsible for product development
- Preferably with a background in Engineering and Manufacturing Operations and Product Management
- Bachelor degree level qualification, engineering or science honors, though other qualifications may be considered where a proven track record as an effective project manager can be provided
- PMP certification (if not, will want you to obtain this within the first 12 months)
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Power Point,MS Project, and collaborative meeting tools such as MS Lync and Webex
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to details and an ability to meet deadlines
- Experience in multi-site development projects
- Ability to deal with unplanned challenges, work through obstacles, and make sound project decisions
This is an office based role; some travel may be required from time to time (10% or less).
Aviat Networks offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Apply NOW to learn more!