Responsible for leading one or more Scrum teams. As a leader of Scrum teams, this role brings a disciplined application of the Agile methodology as adopted by our client. The Scrum Master is responsible for removing any impediments to help the delivery teams meet their sprint commitments. This position will help drive best practice use of the Agile methodology as a core to the development lifecycle.
- Provide effective leadership of Agile Scrum teams and processes.
- Mentor team members on Agile methods and best practices.
- Works with scrum teams to ensure the principles of the Scrum methodology are protected.
- Conduct Agile planning meetings, daily stand-ups, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Report on velocity, risks, road blocks, sprint burn-down and project release .
- Work with Agile Scrum teams to help resolve issues and conflicts.
- Promote continuous improvement and help teams to increase productivity and to foster innovation
- Maintain product knowledge to increase efficiency in delivery of all product deliverables.
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Keep project team well informed of changes within the organization
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to team members and stakeholders.
- Use independent judgment to identify problems and recommend solutions.
Required skills and experience:
- 8+ years Project Management, preferably with exposure to more than one methodology.
- Certified Scrum Master, and preferably Certified Coach
- Candidate must be results driven and have the ability to align a team to achieve goals.
- Skilled in leading meetings, setting agendas, driving decisions, and negotiating win/win solutions.
- Leading technical teams-coaching, training and guiding Agile teams.
- Proven track record of building motivated, collaborative, and productive development teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Solid working knowledge of project management principles including proficient use of project management tools and software.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of software, hardware and networking information technologies
- Project management and/or development experience in a software development environment.
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Direct experience and expertise in Financial Services products and services.
- PMP Certification