Ascend Consulting is a premier project based consulting firm focused on business process and technology consulting within Capital Markets and the L&A Insurance markets. We find solutions and implement change throughout our Fortune 1000 clients in Massachusetts, New York, and New Jersey. Ascend clients use our services to improve their business and technology processes. Our approach provides a disciplined management model, focused on performance and user interface delivery. Our greatest success, however has been our ability to attract and retain some of the industries top professionals. We have been able to do this by providing an atmosphere of respect and appreciation for all our employees. We also create opportunities for continued learning and career growth.
We are currently looking to hire a Project Manager on a contract to hire basis to join our project teams. Become an integral part of one of the areas fastest growing private companies that will provide you with an opportunity to establish yourself within a cooperative environment. Collaborate with domain and information technology experts who work together to successfully translate business vision into a finished technology solution for competitive advantage. As a Project Manager you will manage project scope, budget and resources; all with a keen emphasis on client satisfaction and return on investment.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Designing, developing and delivering technology solutions that are directly aligned with our client’s business goals
- Working hand in hand with business and technical resources to provide insight during solutions development
- Leading teams of 3 to 20+ people and or sub-teams on full life cycle projects
WHAT DO I NEED TO HIT THE GROUND RUNNING?
- Project management experience within a complex, team-oriented environment
- Ability to plan, budget, deliver, and manage large scale, application development projects
- Exposure to full life cycle project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, RUP, Use Case/UML etc…)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of SDLC
Subject Matter Expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Prime Brokerage
- Securities Lending
- Mutual Funds
- Security Master
- Trade Order Management
- Life & Annuities
Expertise in one or more of the following areas desired:
- Reference Data
- Financial Reconciliation
- Performance Attribution
- Business Process Management (BPM)
Exposure to software packages such as Asset Control, PORTIA, Charles River, Smartstream, Eagle Pace, Eagle Star, FactSet, BondEdge, Business Objects, Business Intelligence, RDBMS, Oracle, DTCC, DerivServ, Swapswire, SEI, Net Exchange, SharePoint, Geneva, Calypso, Murex, Summit, Hyperion Essbase, StatPro, DSTi, Pershing, MacGregor
- PMI certification highly desirable
- Previous formal consulting experience preferred
- 8+ years of professional experience within capital markets
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree preferred