|Department:||Internal Medicine||# of openings:||1|
Wayne State University Physician Group a growing multispecialty group is looking for an energetic, pleasant and efficient individual to work as a Medical Assistant in our Detroit medical office location. The position is Full Time with benefits and requires previous experience working in an Office setting previous experience working in Internal Medicine is also a plus.
The ideal candidate will: be responsible for patients’ vital signs: temperature, pulse, blood pressure, respirations and weight. Obtain samples for various tests as required ensuring that all collected samples are properly labeled and transported in a timely fashion. Checks encounter forms, diagnostic laboratory forms, and physician orders on patients’ record for accuracy and completeness. Performs clerical responsibilities such as: typing reports, answering telephones, taking and relaying messages, ordering supplies, establishing and following up on appointment scheduling and maintaining and retrieving patient records.
MINIMUM LEVEL OF QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING REQUIRED FOR THE JOB:
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. At least 2 years experience in a busy medical office setting.
3. Certification from an accredited Medical Program, State certification required.
4. Must be flexible and willing to travel to other sites.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. High level of interpersonal skills, written and verbal, necessary to effectively communicate, establish, and maintain productive working relationships with people inside and outside the Department and/or Practice.
2. Excellent analytical ability necessary to independently identify and resolve extremely complex and unusual problems or discrepancies.
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding patients, personnel and/or financial data.
4. Patient management skills necessary to provide quality care.
5. Independent judgment to monitor and respond to changes in patient conditions.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a Retirement plan with a corporate contribution, free parking, and tuition reimbursement. Qualified candidates please submit resume and salary requirements.
To further our mission of promoting good health, effective January 1, 2014, Wayne State University Physician Group will no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form. Nicotine/tobacco screening will be used to verify that an applicant is free from nicotine and tobacco use. Individuals who fail a nicotine/tobacco screen will be disqualified from immediate employment but may re-apply after 6 months have elapsed from the date of a failed tobacco/nicotine screen.
|Back to Search Results