Linux Systems Administrator
Are you looking for a position where you can seed innovation and creativity? Is it important for you to be a part of a dynamic, fast paced, successful and stable company?
The successful candidate will contribute to the design, development and engineering of the technology infrastructure for Tucows/OpenSRS. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with invested growth opportunity. If you meet the below qualifications and are ready to be part of a fast growing ecommerce company where you determine your future, we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with other members of the system administration team to manage a massive state-of-the-art Linux environment
• Contribute to and maintain system deployment standards for infrastructure supporting thousands of transactions per second across millions of users
• Research, innovative, and where possible automate approaches for system administration tasks
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted internal stakeholders.
• Minimum of 4 years full time production experience in a Linux Sys. Admin capacity
• Expert level familiarity with Linux.
• Expert knowledge and experience at one of the following infrastructures:
LAMP / Django / Catalyst / Rails
• High level of proficiency with any of the following:
MySQL / PostgreSQL / Memcache / Solr
• Excellent familiarity with shell scripting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good familiarity with email services highly desirable
• Familiarity with service-oriented architecture an asset
• Familiarity with DDOS mitigation strategies an asset
• Ability to learn quickly and comprehend new technologies
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to build relationships.
• Work effectively within a team environment.