Mapleview Store Manager
Status: Full Time/Exempt
Reports to: District Manager
The following job description contains representative examples of work that will be performed in positions allocated to this classification. It is not required that any position perform all of the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the individuals in the company. Accordingly, associates may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
I. PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manage the sales, operational and personnel functions of the store to ensure maximum profitability and compliance with company procedures.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Strive to achieve store sales goals.
• Maintain adequate sales floor supervision.
• Communicate best seller and low seller to immediate supervisor.
• Monitor adherence to all corporate customer service policies.
• Implement contest to maximize sales.
• Take action to correct negative sales trends.
• Plan sales goals with District Manager.
• Set an example by maintaining UPT standards and ensure staff does as well.
• Recruit/interview/hire sales oriented staff.
• Implement Company training programs; monitor staff training in product knowledge, customer service and selling skills.
• Supervise and train Assistant Managers and management trainees to develop their management skills.
• Review performance / compensation of staff in a timely manner.
• Resolve employee questions and problems.
• Confront and document unsatisfactory performance and policy violations.
• Schedule employees in accordance with Company policies to provide excellent customer service.
• Maintain Company merchandising standards.
• Maintain standards of cleanliness and organization.
• Set and revise merchandise presentation as necessary.
• Meet payroll goals.
• Maintain operational audit score to standard.
• Attain store shrinkage goals.
• Carefully monitor all controllable expenses.
• Train staff and enforce Company cash handling and loss prevention procedures
• Maintain store fund and monitor deposits in accordance with Company policies.
• Monitor supply levels.
• Conduct inventories / maintain inventory records.
• Promptly and accurately complete all paperwork procedures (New Hire, Incident, Reports, etc.)
• Implement Markdowns.
• Follow procedures for receiving merchandise shipments, transferring merchandise and handling defectives.
• Maintain store safety standards.
• Supervise Assistant Managers, key holders and Sales Associates.
• Interface with District, Regional and corporate personnel (i.e. accounting, merchandising, operations and human resources)
III. POSITION DIMENSIONS
Scope, Complexity and Autonomy
• Must understand the complexities that come with running a luxury retailer
Decision-Making Authority and Judgment
• Makes hiring decision, termination recommendations, payroll control and scheduling decision.
• Makes decision to satisfy customers as needed.
• District Manager
• Sales Associates
• Assistant Managers
Principal Relationships/Key Contacts
• SVP of Retail Stores
• Regional Manager
• Assistant Store Manager
• Human Resources
IV. POSITION SPECIFICATIONS
Education and Certifications
High School Diploma. College degree preferred
Experience and Skills
• Must be 18 years or older
• At least 3-5 years of previous management experience in high-end apparel environment
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com