Based out of the Edmonton Office but working on a project in Fort McMurray. Prospective candidate will report to the Edmonton Division Manager
“Lay the ground work for a reliable future”
Whether you are new to road construction or have logged many years of prior experience, do your future a favour and join the team at South Rock. We are one of Alberta’s leading and largest paving companies, specializing in highway and municipal construction, our organization has a rock solid reputation for stability, reliability and excellence as a contractor and as an employer.
Are you a seasoned Earthwork / Grading Superintendant with Alberta Transportation or Highway building experience?
Are you able to run earthwork jobs effectively with satisfied customers and complete the job under budget?
Do you like working with people to get the job done right?
If you answered yes to these questions, then read on. Our Earthwork/Grading Superintendent position at South Rock Ltd may be for you.
For an overview of our Company, visit us at www.southrock.ca
South Rock Ltd, a leader in highway and municipal road construction is seeking a qualified Earthwork/Grading Superintendent for our Hwy 63 Project in Fort McMurray.
This position includes focus on the following areas:
· Planning day to day grading operations
· Interact with engineering staff (owner’s rep) and project managers (contractor) to ensure effective job completion.
· Ability to read and interpret plans specifications and survey information.
· Schedule employees & equipment, direct subcontracted hourly forces.
· Line out and manage work.
· Understand soils and compaction.
· Understand grades and related issues.
· Care for and manage all job related equipment.
· Manage all Employee interaction including employee development, performance, behavior, attendance and all other related issues.
If you have the skills necessary and want to build your own success story with an industry leader,
e-mail your resume to email@example.com or fax to 403-568-1327.
Skills / Requirements
This position requires:
· Seven + years experience managing large commercial earthwork construction sites.
· Strong technical background including hands-on experience with Scraper, Blade, Skip Loader (Tractor) or other earthmoving equipment.
· Strong safety background including knowledge of job related safety procedures.
· Demonstrated success in balancing productivity, budget, and cost awareness on job production.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Ability to develop dynamic, positive relationships with team members, management and customers.
· Demonstrated organizational and time management skills appropriate for the position.
Not everyone can fill your shoes.
At South Rock, we don’t look for just a pair of boots on the ground. We look for team players who bring with them their own high standards of on-the-job performance, together with a positive attitude and a commitment to being a great match for South Rock’s emphasis on quality and safety in all we do. That isn’t everyone, Is that you? If so, get in touch with us today.