A Rakerman will be required to perform a wide range of general labouring duties on the asphalt paving crew, including but not limited to shoveling, raking, compacting materials, assisting the Screed Operator with the distribution of asphalt material over the road surface ensuring even distribution, be able to set the angel and depth, verify the depth specifications and estimate the quantities of asphalt screed required.
- Must partner with other crew members to pave roadways utilizing the equipment and must perform additional tasks of other positions per plan specifications as instructed by crew foreman to ensure daily schedules/estimates are met. Job requires the following motions: climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, stretching, driving, pushing, pulling, vibration, twisting, kneeling, throwing and reaching.May be required to use power/and or hand tools needed to complete the jobs within specifications, such as wrenches, screwdrivers, electric drills, drift pins, and pneumatic tools.
- May guide and direct dump trucks while backing up to the machine hopper.
- Ability to withstand common vibratory motion associated with operation of most equipment and occasionally rough terrain.
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, and public.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required.
- Ability to work throughout Alberta, accommodations and living allowance will be provided by South Rock Ltd.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion
- A valid driver’s licence,
"Lay the ground work for a reliable future"
Whether you are new to road construction or have logged many years of prior experience, do your future a favour and join the team at South Rock. We are one of Alberta’s leading and largest paving companies, specializing in highway and municipal construction, our organization has a rock solid reputation for stability, reliability and excellence as a contractor and as an employer.
We anticipate a busy future, with continued growth for our company. During our road building season, we are consistently busy and offer an amount of work hours beyond the industry average.
Not everyone can fill your shoes.
At South Rock, we don’t look for just a pair of boots on the ground. We look for team players who bring with them their own high standards of on-the-job performance, together with a positive attitude and a commitment to being a great match for South Rock’s emphasis on quality and safety in all we do. That isn’t everyone, Is that you? If so, get in touch with us today.