PAVING MACHINE OPERATOR
- Must partner with other crew members to pave roadways utilizing the equipment and must perform additional tasks of other positions per plan specifications as instructed by crew foreman to ensure daily schedules/estimates are met.
- Physical ability to operate equipment under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
- Job requires the following motions: climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, stretching, driving, pushing, pulling, vibration, twisting, kneeling, throwing and reaching.
- May be required to use power/and or hand tools needed to complete the jobs within specifications, such as wrenches, screwdrivers, electric drills, drift pins, and pneumatic tools.
- May guide and direct dump trucks while backing up to the machine hopper.
- Ability to withstand common vibratory motion associated with operation of most equipment and occasionally rough terrain.
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, public.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required.
- Ability to work throughout Alberta, accomodations and living allowance will be provided by South Rock Ltd.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion
- A valid drivers licence,
"Lay the ground work for a reliable future"
We anticipate a busy future, with continued growth for our company. During our road building season, we are consistently busy and offer an amount of work hours beyond the industry average.
Not everyone can fill your shoes.
At South Rock, we don’t look for just a pair of boots on the ground. We look for team players who bring with them their own high standards of on-the-job performance, together with a positive attitude and a commitment to being a great match for South Rock’s emphasis on quality and safety in all we do. That isn’t everyone, Is that you? If so, get in touch with us today.
Whether you are new to road construction or have logged many years of prior experience, do your future a favour and join the team at South Rock. We are one of Alberta’s leading and largest paving companies, specializing in highway and municipal construction, our organization has a rock solid reputation for stability, reliability and excellence as a contractor and as an employer.
Operates an asphalt paver machine, rubber or track type. Manipulates foot or hand levers to control the movements of the paving machine, which spreads and levels asphalt on subgrade highway and related surfaces such as roads, roads, ect. May oil , grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to the equipment. May perform other related duties, such as adding or removing screed extenstions, installing or removing automatic devices, and grade log or other accessories associated with the machine.