The primary purpose of this position is to be the first point of contact for existing and potential clients by answering inbound ACD telephone calls and providing client service for distributors selling Russell investment products within US Private Client Services. The Client Service Associate will be responsible for responding to fund related questions as well as serving as client advocate with other trading platform entities. The role provides premier generation of several types of client ready proposals, attention to detail and accuracy is imperative. The Client Service Associate provides a high quality, value-added sales and service experience by assisting the sales team with new and current relationships in order to serve as a resource for their needs. In addition, they identify sales leads and escalate them to appropriate sales team members. While in this role it is encouraged to acquire, develop and refine consultative, selling and relationship management skills.
This position requires FINRA Series 7, as well as 63 & 65, (or 66) licenses.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Reactive and proactive Client Support
- Act as 1st tier resource for inbound general client calls
- Act as primary point of contact on account service questions and inquiries using a variety of tools and escalate appropriately
- Professionally represent Russell by promptly and accurately meeting the service needs of clients, vendors, and Russell associates
- Research distributor questions or inquiries using a variety of systems and resources, both internal and external
- Accurately communicate and enforce all established policies and procedures designed to provide consistent, quality service to clients and limit financial risk to Russell
- Escalate operational, client service and technical issues as necessary
- Demonstrating proficient Technical and Analytical Skills
- Support internal sales team by creating proposals and performance reports and by fulfilling reactive client requests
- Support the rollout, upgrades, and provide in depth knowledge of; Russell Portfolio Builder, Russell Proposal Generator, RussellLINK, web casts and other products as appropriate
- Ensure all client requests; issues, resolutions, and other relevant information are documented in the CRM system to ensure open communication and effective reporting
- Document and update processes and procedures necessary to meet client needs
- Provide fulfillment services for clients
- Effectively Contribute to Teamwork Environment
- Escalate clients' calls to the appropriate regional service or sales team member when a sales opportunity is present or the inquiry requires more in depth expertise
- Seek ways to improve and enhance products/processes
- Assist with sales team initiatives from a subject matter expert standpoint
- Back-up associates during absences and heavy workload periods
- Support the sales team in the achievement of department objectives
- Responsible for sharing insight from financial professionals and demands in the investment marketplace to help bring new products or concept to market, as well as timely communication
- Complete a minimum of one full and comprehensive course on the topic of “sales”
- Demonstrate a passion and skill in the art of selling
- Maintain a Sales Associate and or Regional director as a mentor for a meaningful period
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 & 65 (or 66) licenses.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrate a passion and skill in the art of selling.
- One or more years of client service and financial industry experience, including experience in an operations-based financial environment. Mutual fund experience is preferred.
- Superior telephone answering skills, including a high comfort level with working with customers to resolve issues over the telephone.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Demonstrated outstanding client service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to follow written procedures.
- Capacity to establish and manage a process under deadlines.
- Time management and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple responsibilities and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated proficient analytical and technical skills- working with various software products.
- Demonstrated project management/participation skills.
Founded in 1936, Russell Investments is a global financial services firm that serves institutional investors, financial advisers and individuals in more than 40 countries.
Through a unique combination of interlinked businesses, Russell delivers financial products, services and advice. A pioneer, Russell began its strategic pension fund consulting business in 1969 and today is trusted by many well-known worldwide institutions for investment advice. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, USA and with offices in major financial centers worldwide, Russell has a multi-asset focus and is well recognized for its depth of research and quality of manager selection.
Russell offers a comprehensive range of implementation services that help institutional clients maximize their assets. The Russell Indexes calculate over 50,000 benchmarks daily covering 65 countries and more than 10,000 securities.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package to associates including: medical, vision and dental coverage, profit sharing retirement plan, sabbatical leave, and tuition assistance. Most importantly, Russell offers a work environment where respect for the individual and teamwork are part of our fundamental values. Russell supports workforce diversity and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.