Pharmacyclics, Inc. is looking for an IT Operations and Quality Engineer who manages daily operations of data center and quality of systems. As an IT Operations and Quality Engineer, the resource will be involved in hands on administration of IT systems on a daily basis in a fast-paced environment. Having relevant automation and cloud experience, a progressive thinker, having strong problem solving and analytical skills, demonstrate solid business acumen, and pay high attention to system quality. You are customer centric, personally committed to timely and quality execution, motivated by a challenge, and good communicator.
- Administrating a datacenter with physical server and VM machines.
- Manage a physical and virtual server environment supporting corporate infrastructure, applications and services
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling IT infrastructure including wired and wireless networks, servers, storage, operating systems (Microsoft), management tools, networks, firewalls, security, PC's, antivirus, printers, VoIP telephony, software, and cabling
- Manage Network Security Systems LAN and WAN, including utilization Firewalls, VPN, IPSEC, IDS Sniffers, Proxy, Access Control List and Filters.
- Manage telecommunications network. Working in Local Networks (LAN) and External Networks (WAN) of companies and customers.
- Ensure the IT Systems meets the compute needs of the organization both short and long term
- Establish and track roadmaps that reflect capacity growth requirements and ensure needs are met in a timely fashion
- Assist in generation of Infrastructure Qualification, Change Control documentations and Reports.
- Personally interact with and support all levels of the organization
- Innovate and assist evaluating the latest technologies
- BA or BS in CS, CIS, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years hands-on administration experience in a Windows/AD environment
- Strong experience of Microsoft business environment, AD, Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, Exchange 2010, Lync 2010/2013, SCCM, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Strong knowledge on platforms such as NetApp, Cisco UCS, HP BL460s, HP MSA 2000
- Solid understanding of VMware virtualization and cluster concepts.
- Strong understanding of basic network principals, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN
- Experience with building computers, disassembly, reassembly, swapping parts
- Experience with virtualized and backup environments - VMware, Veeam, Virtual Desktop (VDI)
- Experience with Cloud services – Microsoft 365, Service now, Amazon S3
- Experience with popular Apple products and their interactions with Windows business environments
- Understanding of storage basics, RAID, NAS, SAN, DAS
- Experience in network security, security devices and best practices (e.g Cisco ASA, Palo Alto Networks)
- Large experience about management on telecommunications network. Working in Local Networks (LAN) and External Networks (WAN) of companies and customers.
- Exceptional analysis / troubleshooting skills with keen attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn and absorb new technology
- Experience working in a Pharmaceutical/Biotech company
- Experience with CFR Part 11 compliant and Change Control