Job Title: Outreach Event Representative
Reports To: Outreach Event Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 85% Field based, 15% Boston, MA office
Next Step Living is a socially-conscious, environmentally focused, results-driven company dedicated to helping our customers reduce their carbon footprint, lower their energy bills, and increase the comfort of their homes. We are looking for energetic and outgoing people who share our values to become part of our Community Outreach Events staff. Event Representatives are responsible for connecting with and engaging event attendees to educate them on our Home Energy Assessments and various Next Step Living products and services. If event attendees qualify for our programs, Event Representatives will collect contact information and schedule assessments. Full training will be provided.
Driven, energetic and passionate Event Reps will excel and have high earning potential in this role and can make $12-20 per hour. Part-time, flexible availability is required; you must be available to work 3-6 hour shifts weekday afternoons and weekends.
- Attend Next Step Living community and private outreach events and set up, staff, and break down event displays
- Actively reach out to and engage event attendees, educate them on our Home Energy Solutions and, if qualified, collect contact information and schedule assessments using an iPad that is provided by the company
- Gain familiarity with all aspects of our home energy, solar and heating/cooling assessments
- Ability to be trained in new techniques and program guidelines when/if necessary and apply those trainings to day-to-day operations
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, carry up to 50 lbs and follow instructions
- Must be available to work a minimum of three days per week and at least one shift per weekend
- A valid driver's license and reliable vehicle are required to transport promotional materials and to travel to various event locations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Punctuality - consistently arrive at work on time and ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent
- A strong passion for clean energy and energy efficiency and the ability to communicate that to others
- Customer service and/or sales experience preferred
- Goal-oriented and comfortable working toward quotas
- Outgoing and motivated to learn and teach the public about energy efficiency
- Organized problem solver with a sense of humor and ability to roll with punches
- Knowledge of Google Drive and iPad technology a plus
Named to the Inc. 500 list of the fastest-growing companies in the country, Next Step Living™ is New England’s leading provider of whole-home energy solutions. It makes it easy and affordable for people to live in homes with a low environmental impact. Headquartered in Boston’s Innovation District and with an office in New Haven, Conn., Next Step Living is a one-stop service provider for informed advice, funding guidance and expert work. The company has partnered with more than 400 municipalities, civic organizations and leading corporations to deliver energy-efficient and environmentally friendly solutions for better living. Since 2008, Next Step Living has helped tens of thousands of homeowners achieve almost $15 million in energy savings, which is expected to grow to $70 million in the next five years. Next Step Living makes our world better. Please visit NextStepLiving.com for more information.