Lead Home Energy Advisor - CT
|Location:||CT - New Haven|
|# of Openings:||3|
Job Title: Lead Home Energy Advisor, Connecticut
Reports To: Director of Field Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Join a dynamic, mission-driven organization that is changing the game in residential energy efficiency. We’re looking for passionate, self-motivated individuals, who want to help make an environmental impact in a rewarding career.
Lead Home Energy Advisors will be responsible for leading a two person team, consisting of a Lead Home Energy Advisor and a Home Energy Technician. They will conduct comprehensive home energy assessments in accordance with the standards in the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund and Next Step Living practices, and will have the opportunity to educate homeowners in energy efficiency practices.
What you will do:
· Conduct whole-home energy assessments in residential homes covering the entirety of the home, including difficult to access attics, basements and crawl spaces.
· Educate homeowners in both basic weatherization improvements as well as deeper savings measures, and encourage the adoption of sound energy efficiency recommendations.
· Conduct combustion safety testing and infrared scanning to evaluate existing conditions and recommend energy efficiency improvements.
· Complete blower door and duct leakage testing.
· Install instant savings measures such as compact fluorescent lamps, efficient showerheads and faucet aerators, pipe wrap and assist with air sealing, duct sealing and insulation
· Complete detailed and accurate data collection, measurements and recommendations for improved home efficiency.
· Interact with homeowners and tenants, answering questions regarding energy efficiency and move customers to adopt the best recommendations to improve their home.
· Promote and encourages adoption of energy saving measures recommended based on the home energy assessment, including weatherization, windows, heat pumps and solar.
· Position requires weekend availability.
New hires begin as Trainees while they complete classroom and field training. Upon successful completion of the training, Trainees are promoted to Lead Home Energy Advisors and begin their individual home assessment schedule. A Trainee completes classroom training on program rules, general building science practices and Next Step Living protocols and procedures. They then shadow a Home Energy Advisor Team in the process of conducting routine home assessments for up to four additional weeks.
What we are looking for:
· Commitment to superior customer service.
· Desire to succeed in a metric-driven environment.
· Ability to effectively communicate technical and program concepts to home owners, and other interested parties or organizations.
· Mastery of basic geometry and mathematical calculations.
· Computer proficiency, including experience with Windows-based office applications.
· Must be comfortable with physical demands, in addition to heights and confined spaces (as required when accurately scoping for work).
· Must pass extensive pre-employment national criminal background check and drug screening and have a valid driver’s license with at least three (3) year’s clean driving record.
We also prefer:
· College degree in a technical field or building science.
· BPI Building Analyst and Envelope Professional certifications.
· Understanding of building structures and construction practices.
· Ability to speak, read, and write languages other than English.
· Familiarity with computerized energy efficiency software.
Named to the Inc. 500 list of the fastest-growing companies in the country, Next Step Living™ is New England’s leading provider of whole-home energy solutions. It makes it easy and affordable for people to live in homes with a low environmental impact. Headquartered in Boston’s Innovation District and with an office in New Haven, Conn., Next Step Living is a one-stop service provider for informed advice, funding guidance and expert work done under fixed-fee contracts. The company has partnered with more than 400 municipalities, civic organizations and leading corporations to deliver energy-efficient and environmentally friendly solutions for better living. Since 2008, Next Step Living has helped tens of thousands of homeowners achieve almost $15 million in energy savings, which is expected to grow to $70 million in the next five years. Next Step Living makes our world better. Please visit NextStepLiving.com for more information.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results