Inside Sales Representative (Part Time & Full Time)
|# of Openings:||2|
Job Title: Inside Sales Representative
Reports To: Inside Sales Manager
Department: Inside Sales: Solar, Roofing, HVAC, Windows, & Total Climate Control
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Boston, MA
Summary: The Inside Sales Representative at Next Step Living is an advanced entry-level position. By moving customers to action through setting sales appointments for solar, windows, roofing, total climate control, and HVAC systems, they are responsible for helping customers with energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions for their home. Primary responsibilities include making outbound calls, receiving inbound calls, and setting qualified appointments for customers with various stages of experience with Next Step Living for all sales product lines.
Hours: Part-Time & Full-Time, Primarily Evenings and Weekends
• Contact customers via phone to discuss NSL’s solutions, while communicating the value of the solutions we offer which best fit the customers’ interests.
• Schedule initial assessments for customers with our team of NSL Sales Advisors with attention to overall volume and quality of visits, in line with daily and weekly product-specific goals.
• Receive inbound warm-transferred calls from our direct-product outreach team to set initial sales visits while nailing down clear expectations and product value
• Following up with customers after assessments to answer any outstanding questions and schedule additional sales visits for alternative product lines.
• Utilize Salesforce.com CRM to track customers activity, document call notes, set follow-up tasks (e.g. calls and visits to customers), as well as monitoring your efficiency and overall performance.
• Strong desire to help customers accomplish their goals and provide an exceptional level of service.
• Strong negotiating skills and the ability to communicate clearly, in a positive manner.
• Ability to explain complex topics clearly and concisely to others. Listens actively.
• Dedication and enthusiasm are critical assets. The qualified candidate will be able to stay focused and work in an organized and diligent fashion.
· Goal-oriented and competitive approach to productivity metrics.
• Adapts to changing environments, with a proven ability to highlight improvements to the process that may be outside the core scope of your work.
• Experience with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word are required.
• Ability to work evening and weekend shifts as necessary.
Additional Preferred Criteria
• 1-2 years of experience in a customer-facing sales function with proven success in telesales as the 1st call closer.
• 3-5 years of prior customer service and/or sales experience.
• Comfortable navigating through Salesforce.com or other CRM’s or technology.
• Management or leadership skill and experience is highly valued
Named to the Inc. 500 list of the fastest-growing companies in the country, Next Step Living™ is New England’s leading provider of whole-home energy solutions. It makes it easy and affordable for people to live in homes with a low environmental impact. Headquartered in Boston’s Innovation District and with an office in New Haven, Conn., Next Step Living is a one-stop service provider for informed advice, funding guidance and expert work done under fixed-fee contracts. The company has partnered with more than 350 municipalities, civic organizations and leading corporations to deliver energy-efficient and environmentally friendly solutions for better living. Since 2008, Next Step Living has helped tens of thousands of homeowners achieve almost $10 million in energy savings, which is expected to grow to $55 million in the next five years. Next Step Living makes our world better. Please visit NextStepLiving.com for more information.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results