Weatherization & Insulation Technician
|# of Openings:||1|
Job Title: Weatherization & Insulation Technician
Summary: Next Step Living, Inc., a rapidly growing home performance contractor, seeks Technicians to perform air sealing and insulation jobs at homes throughout eastern Massachusetts. For someone with residential construction experience eager to learn a new field and with pride in doing high quality work, this is an excellent opportunity not only for reliable, year round work or to work on jobs that directly help people and the environment, but also to step forward on a career path that can rapidly lead to greater responsibility and pay.
Under the daily supervision of a Weatherization and Insulation Crew Lead, the Technician works as part of a 2 to 3 person crew performing air sealing and insulation jobs at homes throughout Eastern Massachusetts. The Technician’s daily responsibilities include:
· Arriving by 7 AM each day at our Boston office/warehouse, loading equipment and materials onto a company truck, and driving to that day’s job site
· Preparation of the job site, including lead safe
· Performing air sealing and insulation work as directed in attics, basements, and interior and exterior walls of houses
o If working on a wall job must be able to stand on ladder while: prying away siding, drilling holes, holding hoses while blowing insulation
o If working on an attic job must be able to spend long hours crawling and kneeling while holding a foam gun or insulation hose
· Cleaning the job site and re-loading the truck
· Taking proper care of all equipment, tools and inventory used to complete jobs
· Serving as a positive contributing member of the team
The position requires leaving early each morning in a company truck from our Boston office/warehouse, performing both interior and exterior work in all types of weather at residences throughout eastern Massachusetts, and unloading the truck at the end of the day. While a typical work week will not exceed five days, Technicians should be available to work weekends (on a rotating schedule).
· Residential Construction or Carpentry experience, with hands-on weatherization work including air sealing and blown-in cellulose preferred
· A High School Diploma, with some additional education or experience related to building science or construction trades preferred
· Ability and desire to learn quickly, take direction well, take initiative, and contribute to a team
· Proficiency in working with hand and power tools and equipment
· Comfort with working in tight spaces or on ladders, as well as in working in adverse weather conditions
· Ability to take initiative and responsibility
· Must pass extensive pre-employment national criminal background check and drug screening
· Valid driver’s license with at least three (3) year’s clean driving record preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· Operates service vehicles (light to medium trucks)
· Operates a variety of hand and power tools
· Regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds
· Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear
· Regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather)
· Frequently exposed to work in high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock, vibration, and work near moving mechanical parts
· The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus
**APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: All candidates must submit their resume here to apply. Qualified applicants will be contacted via email with interview instructions.**
Named to the Inc. 500 list of the fastest-growing companies in the country, Next Step Living™ is New England’s leading provider of whole-home energy solutions. It makes it easy and affordable for people to live in homes with a low environmental impact. Headquartered in Boston’s Innovation District and with an office in New Haven, Conn., Next Step Living is a one-stop service provider for informed advice, funding guidance and expert work done under fixed-fee contracts. The company has partnered with more than 350 municipalities, civic organizations and leading corporations to deliver energy-efficient and environmentally friendly solutions for better living. Since 2008, Next Step Living has helped tens of thousands of homeowners achieve almost $10 million in energy savings, which is expected to grow to $55 million in the next five years. Next Step Living makes our world better. Please visit NextStepLiving.com for more information.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results