Overview of Position:
The Fleet Manager position is responsible for managing a multiple -state fleet vehicles of all types. This party is responsible for the management of 3rd party logistic companies related to the distribution of packaged doughnuts, motor sport maintenance and logistic support, show cars, and the management contracts for the cruiser. This includes the acquisition, transfer and deletion of vehicles; vehicle tag and title management and coordinating with Risk and Safety Department on safety training and review of driver MVRs, fuel vendors, and coordination with marketing and sales on all events.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes and directs Krispy Kreme fleet management operations including vehicle procurement, maintenance, repair and disposal
- Leads the research of alternative fuel usage
- Manages all 3rd party relationships that work with trucks, trailers, and/or cruiser.
- Leads the truck team for next generation route truck design
- Brings innovative ways to better manage and track our fleet location and routing
- Utilizes multiple route tools like Roadshow and GPS data for both static and dynamic routing.
- Electronic record keeping of fleet records through organization’s RMIS platform
- Obtain and maintain truck licensing and registrations
- Obtain and maintain annual inspections
- Oversee proper use of fuel cards
- Maintain daily inspections
- Determine annual safe driving award eligibilities and recipients
- Coordinate safety meetings and driver training with Safety Trainer
- Oversee and schedule repairs
- Participate in the preparation, administration and reporting of fleet budget, submit budget recommendations, monitor expenditures and variances of budget
- Management of leased fleet including repair turnaround times and assurance of services according to contracts
- Lease vendor relationship management
Essential skills and Experience:
- College degree preferred.
- Five years related experience in fleet management of commercial motor vehicles
- NAFA Fleet Management Association affiliation preferred (active)
- Strong asset, financial and business management skills
- Knowledge of Roadshow or equivalent routing software
- Must meet travel requirement (50%).
- Closely manage all travel expenses and expenditures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creative and innovative thinking skills.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of team members, managers and directors.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check.
- Must possess current valid driver’s license and must meet Krispy Kreme Safe Driving Policy.
- Solid experience in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carrying · Bending · Stooping · Grasping · Standing · Twisting
- Lifting · Walking · Communicating with customer and co-workers
- Writing · Driving
- Lifting up to 75 pounds occasionally; and /or up to 25 pounds frequently, physically active.
- Using hand-trucks to push/pull products, often on ramps, and lift gates.
- Considerable amounts of driving.
- May involve working night shifts or early morning.
Visual Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to meet requirements for a driver’s license.
- The worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- If truck is not air conditioned and the store is located in an especially hot region, the worker may be subject to extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees F for more than one hour).
- Occasionally involves working weekends and/or being in the field 10 to 14 days.
Krispy Kreme supports a diverse and drug free workplace. EOE. Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/EVerify Employer.