|# of openings:||1|
Overview of Position:
The Area Salesperson is responsible for growing sales in a designated territory. This includes securing orders from new and existing customers, establishing and maintaining customer relations, merchandising product to maximize sales, providing accurate and timely delivery of the product to customers, and managing orders and returns. A commitment to teamwork, a clean, professional appearance, enthusiasm, customer-focused behaviors and a high energy level are necessary.
A Successful Area Salesperson will perform and excel at the following Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establish relationship with appropriate manager at each account
· Coordinate with customer the best location for displays in order to maximize sales
· Coordinate with customer to secure additional displays
· Audit accounts for product mix and inventory
· Make suggestions to customer for additional product items available
· Project/Forecast customer orders with the use of various tools to include handheld computers or invoices
· Secure customer orders for products according to customer expectations
· Deliver accurate product orders to customers by the agreed upon delivery time
· Remove out of date product each delivery date
· Utilize sales tools on daily basis (i.e., handhelds, order forecast sheets, etc.)
· Set-up and maintain sales displays to ensure that they are positioned in appropriate locations and clean at all times
· Operate automated computer hand-held invoicing/sales data equipment where applicable
· Execute proof of delivery requirements to allow for collection of account receivables
· Execute product promotions to maximize sales
· Monitor and control returns to maximize profitability
· Identify potential new accounts and work with Sales Management to secure relationship
· Greet customer in a courteous manner
· Promptly, professionally and appropriately address any customer complaints, concerns and inquiries
· Handle difficult customer situations professionally
· Responsible for notifying manager of any customer complaints/concerns and action taken
Safety and Sanitation
· Comply with all safety and sanitation standards
· Maintain good personal hygiene
· Maintain a clean and neat uniform at all times
· Drive safely and abide all appropriate traffic rules and regulations
· Maintain a clean vehicle at all times
· Maintain clean sales displays
· Report all moving violations and accidents involving injury or property damage immediately
· Utilize the Vehicle Inspection and Damage Report Form to perform routine maintenance checks as required
· Keep company vehicle clean
· Perform basic maintenance such as checking the oil
· Report any vehicle maintenance concerns to a supervisor
· Uphold an ethic of teamwork with fellow employees
· Maintain a sincere, courteous and respectful demeanor with coworkers, supervisors and customers
· Work with management and supervision to improve performance and implement new initiatives
· Use good judgment and avoid risk taking while operating a company vehicle
· Other duties as assigned
Essential skills and Experience:
· Organizational skills
· Successfully complete Territory Sales Training Program
· Ability to operate delivery vehicle safely
· Basic math skills
· Ability to read and write
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Must meet Krispy Kreme driving standards (21 years of age and three year clean driving)
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and Motor Vehicles Report
Nonessential skills and Experience:
· Previous territory sales experience preferred
· Previous job stability preferred
Physical Demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Carrying · Bending · Stooping · Grasping · Standing · Twisting
· Lifting · Walking · Communicating with customers and co-workers · Sweeping
· Writing · Mopping · Driving · Packing doughnut boxes
· Lifting up to 75 pounds occasionally; and /or up to 25 pounds frequently, physically active
· Using hand-trucks to push/pull products, often on ramps
· Considerable amounts of driving
· Frequently involves working night shifts, such as from 8 p.m. – 4 a.m.
Visual Acuity Requirements
· Must be able to meet requirements for a driver’s license.
· Must be able to read and distinguish between products, product boxes, and labels
· The worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
· If the truck is not air-conditioned and the store is located in an especially hot region, the worker may be subject to extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees for more than one hour).
Krispy Kreme promotes a diverse and drug-free workplace. EOE. E-Verify Employer.
|<< Back to Current Openings
Please enter your login information.
Registration is free and easy. Once registered, you can subscribe and manage your KrispyKreme newsletters, share your story with us, and more!