We are currently accepting resumes from experienced Electrical Technicians to join our commissioning team on oil and gas projects in Northern Alberta over the next 6-12 months. The Electrical Technician will be responsible for the Electrical Lock Out/ Tag Out process and procedures on site, providing technical direction across the process, monitoring and reporting to the Electrical Supervisor on site.
The successful candidates must bring with them solid experience in Lock Out/ Tag Out procedures, and must detail their Lock Out/ Tag Out experience on their resume/CV (Curriculum Vitae) for due consideration.
This is a rotational camp position (standard rotation 14 days on / 7 days off) with flights provided.
Projects Details and Description
Alberta Oil Sands Project(s), Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
To protect employees, prevent equipment damage and optimize efficiency of the Lock Out/ Tag Out system.
- Prevent inadvertent re-energization during service and ensure dangerous machinery is properly shut off and not started up again prior to the completion of maintenance or service work, by performing the following:
- identify the energy source
- isolate the energy source
- lock and tag the energy source
- prove that the equipment isolation is effective
- Ensure compliance with the site cardinal safety rules and with all safety aspects in the execution of work.
Education and Skills
- Applicants must hold a valid Inter-Provincial (Red Seal) Journeyperson certificate (preference) or a valid Journeyperson Electrician certificate from their home province or country.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in Lock Out/Tag Out procedures in a construction environment.
- Must be a competent Industrial Electrician with at least 5-10 years’ experience.
- Possess a strong safety focus and exceptional safety record.
- Exceptional electrical aptitude and trouble shooting skills.
- Must be able to use a variety of electrical testing equipment and tools.
- Must be able to read and interpret circuit diagrams, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, CEC, CSA installation standards etc.
- Experience on medium and low voltage distribution equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment such as a turnaround/plant shutdown.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse trade’s team environment.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule (day or night shift) as required.
- Full, clean driving license
- Well supported by this global engineering and construction organisation.
- Long term rewarding career on offer.
- Excellent salary package with benefits.
- On-going professional and personal development.
- Gain valuable experience on major resource projects.
Join our Talent Network