We are building a pipeline of experienced Project Planners to join one of our many oil and gas projects in Northern Alberta over the next 6-12 months.
The successful candidates must bring with them solid experience in planning/scheduling in heavy industrial construction. Candidates must detail their planning/scheduling experience on their resume/CV (Curriculum Vitae) to include project specific experience in the development, preparation, review, and base lining of detailed Project Schedules for due consideration. This is a rotational camp position, (rotation to be determined on a project basis) with flights provided.
The Project Planner is responsible for the overall planning, development and monitoring of the operations and maintenance element of medium to large sized projects.
- Ensure that an effective and realistic project schedule is prepared and approved, and that project constraints and assumptions are clearly identified at the beginning of project execution.
- Ensure that project managers are being constantly advised on any deviations from the planned dates and that corrective measures are being introduced.
- Ensure that scope changes are analysed and time impacts are reported to project manager.
- Ensure that job numbers and budget numbers are prepared, issued and approved by project managers at the early stage of the project.
- Ensure that the project budget is being followed and advise the project manager on any changes to the budget.
- To have some QS experience and background with ability to track all variation orders and related cost and schedule impacts.
- Be conversant with the technical and commercial aspects of the project and to have a full understanding of the scope of work.
- Provide input into the development of detailed schedule for engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up activities.
- Provide project updates and forecast/trends by actively participating in project’s progress meetings.
- Generate periodic progress reports such as bar charts, progress s-curves, trending (schedule impacts), progress tables and other ad hoc reports.
Education and Skills
- Possess a relevant engineering degree, technical or college diploma, or related apprenticeship.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in planning/scheduling in heavy industrial construction, within oil and gas or similar industry (eg. pharmaceutical).
- Experience in the development, preparation, review, base lining of detailed Project Schedules.
- Strong analytical, organisational, communication and problem solving skills.
- Possess good to excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be Primavera P6 Certified.
- Well supported by this global engineering and construction organisation.
- Long term rewarding career on offer.
- Excellent salary package with benefits.
- On-going professional and personal development.
- Gain valuable experience on major resource projects.
Join our Talent Network