Senior Software/Scientific Quality Engineer
|Location:||Redwood City, CA|
|# of openings:||1|
Senior Software/Scientific Quality Engineer – req 120152
Ingenuity is a group of creative, energetic people helping life science researchers understand the biological mechanisms that cause human disease. Ingenuity’s industry-leading technology platform was built by our team of interdisciplinary, entrepreneurial researchers, scientists and engineers that are passionate about improving human health through the intelligent use of semantic technologies. We have used this technology to develop the industry-leading analytic platform for pathway analysis and systems biology research, and are now expanding to develop new solutions for the life sciences and healthcare markets. Ingenuity is a professional work environment, valuing work life balance.
As a Senior Software/Scientific Quality Engineer, you will work with a dynamic and hard-working team to help improve the quality of our flagship systems biology product, Ingenuity Pathways Analysis as well as other Ingenuity products (Variant Analysis and iReport) and services. You must observe and constructively work towards improving the overall product quality, testing and risk management process. You will work closely with developers, product management, customer service and other internal groups to proactively seek product information, develop in depth test plans, derive practical use cases, and author appropriate test cases. You will also be responsible for communicating risks, test status and results to QA, Development, and Management. You will perform functional black box testing as well as white box and test automation where applicable.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Scripting experience with Perl or Python
• Experience in test automation using Silk Test, Fitnesse
• Familiarity with the bioinformatics field and with computational biology tools and practices
• Familiarity with viral and bacterial pathogens, host-pathogen interaction, disease response, infection and inflammation pathways
• Experience working with data from Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms
• Familiarity with ontologies, specifically bio-ontologies (GO, MeSH, UMLS)
• Familiarity with general bioinformatics databases and computational biology resources (NCBI Entrez Gene, KEGG, PubMed)
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results