Consulting Ontologists assist the Ontology group in the development of Ingenuity's large, high-quality knowledge base of biological concepts with a particular emphasis on the extension of the system to cover new biological concepts.
As a Consulting Ontologist you will contribute to building Ingenuity's Knowledge Base. The focus of this position is on chemistry and drug content.
• Represent and connect biological and chemical concepts in Ingenuity's Ontology
• May be involved in quality control of modeled concepts
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong logic skills
• Internet savvy
• Available for training via phone/web conferences; position is off-site
• Must maintain minimum level of productivity (currently corresponds to at least 10 hrs/week)
• Must be legally able to accept consulting work in the US
• Experience with public sources of information about biochemicals, such as PubChem
• Experience with public sources of information about drugs, such as Drugs@FDA and ClinicalTrials.gov
• PhD (or Masters with substantial research experience) in biochemistry or organic chemistry
Work Environment (i.e. travel, lifting or other physical requirements):
• No travel required