This job contributes to George's Music's success by leading a team of associates to create and maintain the George's Music experience for our customers and teammates. The primary role of a manager at George's Music is that of a leader. The majority of the manager's time is spent ensuring a high level of service is being delivered to the customers in the store, observing and coaching the team, making staffing decisions (i.e., hiring, training, evaluating, staffing and scheduling), managing the store's financial performance as well as managing safety and security within the store.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Display a "Customer First" attitude by training and holding associates accountable for delivering outstanding customer service.
Manage with honesty, integrity and knowledge that promote the values, culture and mission of George's Music.
Provide coaching and direction to the team to take action and to achieve operational goals. Constantly review store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching and direction to the store team to achieve operational goals
Drive company initiatives by developing action plans directly motivating and instructing the store team to implement them to meet operational and organizational objectives.
Plan, identify, communicate, and delegate appropriate responsibilities and practices to team members to achieve store objectives.
Utilize management information tools and analyze financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance.
Demonstrate a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep the store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the team.
Associate Development & Team Building - Providing associates with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Actively manage associates by conducting performance assessments, providing feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve associate performance.
- Education - High School Diploma or GED
- Retail Management and Supervisory Experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage store operations independently
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team building skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information