FutureWei Technologies, Inc. (dba Huawei R&D USA) is a leader in ICT research and development. It develops optical networking; wireless networking, broadband access, data communications, and video conferencing products. The company provides enterprise network solutions, including data center, networking solutions, and cloud computing. FutureWei Technologies, Inc. also develops carrier network solutions comprising metro optical, long haul optical, optical networking, mobile network, and broadband. The company was founded in 2001 and has located its R&D Headquarters in Santa Clara, California, the heart of Silicon Valley.
Big Data Architect;
Big data Architect candidates are sought to work on leading-edge big data management system research and development for scalable high-performance distributed, massively parallel processing (MPP) database systems to support big data transactional and analytic applications in the cloud.
The ideal candidates must enjoy tackling technical challenges by creating innovative solutions, and should have significant knowledge and experiences in database internal structures, big data stacks, query processing, transaction processing, high availability, database storage engine, or distributed systems. Other important attributes are versatility and a passion for building high-quality enterprise-class software systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in research and design of an MPP OLTP and OLAP database management system
- Analyze requirements, design and evaluate key technologies of the DBMS kernel to meet the requirements
- Work with a team of architects and engineers to develop proof-of-concept components
- Write and maintain architecture and detailed design specifications
- Perform design and code reviews
- Develop test specifications and conduct testing
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of experience in research and development of DBMS with PhD in CS or a relevant field, or 10 years of experience with a Master's, or 15 years of experience with a Bachelor degree.
- Excellent documentation, organization and communication skills
- Extensive experience with design and development of a database storage subsystem, parallel query processing, query optimization, distributed transaction processing, workload management, or high availability features.
- Experience in in-memory database with multi-core optimization a plus
- Experience with PostgreSQL kernel a plus
- Experience in TCP/IP and RDMA a plus
- Experience in Hadoop and Spark a plus
- Must be a team player
- Self-motivated & detail oriented
- Proficient in C and C++ programming