Principle System Architect in Big Data
Yahoo, IBM, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, eBay, Open Source (Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Storm, Mahout, GraphLab, Solr/Lucene, Elastic Search etc.)
This opening is for Huawei's corporate technology strategy department which oversees company level key technology strategy, open source strategy and investment. Your main responsibility includes: identifying the key technologies in the big data storage, distributed file systems, in memory computing frameworks, multi-tenancy resource management, machine learning/deep learning/graph computing frameworks and algorithms, fast prototyping the proof of concept with the open source community and technology partners, leading the technology development charter and working with the company's technology management team on the key big data technology investment decisions.
You will be working with domain experts from the company's global R&D centers and also the architect team of the product line to set company's technology development and investment strategy.
- observing and analyzing of technology trends in the key areas and periodically updating the report to the corporate VP of technology strategy and collaborate with the business group CTO and VP engineering
- supporting the company's annual strategy and business planning in key technology areas
- leading the key technology development charter of the domain area
- Prototype the PoC to validate the value of the disruptive technology or innovative algorithms/framework/software development tools
- Work with the open source community to promote company's code contribution, use case adoption, open collaboration with the communities
- Serves as the big data evangelist to promote the adoption of the key big data technology and open source project in commercial product
Solid background in the data storage, management and data processing infrastructure, data analytics algorithms, distributed in memory computing systems. Large scale production quality data processing and analytics product development experiences are preferred; The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability of technology insight and impact to the business model, the leadership of effective collaboration with international teams
- Hands-on programming skills with two or more Java, Scala, R, Python
- Hands-on expertise with two or more open source big data platforms, Hadoop, Cassandra, Storm, Spark, Mahout, GraphLab
- In-depth knowledge of the distributed software architecture and product development experience including; the system provisioning/configuration, application automatic deployment, database partition/sharding, message queue, work scheduler, performance monitoring
- Fast learner and demonstrated capability of fast prototyping of cloud applications