FutureWei Technologies, Inc. (dba Huawei R&D USA) is a leader in IC research and development. Many of the network processors are the engines that power Huawei's state-of-the-art optical networking; wireless networking, broadband access, data communications, and video conferencing products. The company provides enterprise network solutions, including data center, networking solutions, and cloud computing. FutureWei Technologies, Inc. also develops carrier network solutions comprising metro optical, long haul optical, optical networking, mobile network, and broadband. The company was founded in 2001 and has located its R&D Headquarters in Santa Clara, California, the heart of Silicon Valley.
We are seeking an innovative, experienced and results-oriented Principal Network Architect with strong IP based technical consulting skills and hands-on experience with designing and deploying IP/MPLS based networks for its Center of Innovation group in US to serve its global and strategic Service Provider customers. Expert level industry certification in SP technologies is essential.
Reporting to the CTO of OSS and Network Consulting, this is a senior level position that requires ability and experience to influence customers at leadership levels.
- Expert level industry recognized certification in SP technologies
- Significant experience in designing, implementing and supporting large scale IP, MPLS, IPv6 & Metro E networks
- Must have in-depth working knowledge of all the routing & switching protocols, IP stack, MPLS and Metro E technologies
- Exposure of designing large scale voice, video, data center and mobility based projects.
- Must have hands-on experience in installing and configuring routers and switches from multiple vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Huawei and Alcatel etc
- Must have experience of developing & delivering BoMs, High Level/Low Level design, Test plan, and troubleshooting related documents to the highest standards
- Experience in leading quality based technical and strategic initiatives with a positive impact on the business
- Able to work under pressure, drive technical issues to resolution in time
- Highly flexible and ability to multi-task
- Innovated Problem solver - ability to make decisions when needed
- Team Player - ability to motivate and lead in a matrix environment
- As a key member of the IP SWAT team, work effectively with multi-discipline groups (marketing, sales, certification, and engineering) to drive the success
- Proven ability and track record of designing, implementing and supporting IP/MPLS based large scale and/or complex projects
- Experience working on multiple projects with cross functional teams in a strong matrix environment
- Excellent written, documentation and verbal communication in English. Knowledge of additional vernacular language (Spanish, Mandarin, French or Arabic etc.) will be treated as a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of adaptability and self-motivation
- Significant working knowledge of technology related services and their development processes
- B.S. or higher degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience, with a minimum of 3 years experience in handling multiple complex projects or equivalent amounts of education and experience will be considered.
Travel: This role requires International travel.