As a company, we are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population. Huawei's vision is to enrich life through communication.
Recently, Huawei has built a world class IP competence center (IPCC) in Santa Clara, CA comprising of industry experts focusing on solutions development and marketing, business development and branding of Huawei Carrier IP product lines. This team has been fueling and supporting the enormous growth that Huawei global Carrier IP business has been experiencing in the past few years. The competence center has been heavily recognized in the company and has been instrumental to major solutions development, strategic customer engagements and has helped the company improve the overall bottom line.
It is now Huawei’s vision to expand this competence center role into other networking infrastructure verticals not limited to IT/Cloud/DC engineering, software defined networking/NFV, Virtualization, MSO systems, NMS/OSS/BSS and NC/HLD. Due to our enormous contribution to the company’s overall growth of Carrier IP business, we have been mandated to expand this team aggressively and smartly.
The convergence of IT and networks is inevitable and is driving fundamental changes to the network architectures, big or small. We believe this is very exciting and we want you to join a team that can offer you unlimited opportunities to influence the customers’ networks globally and help Huawei define forward-looking strategies for evolving next generation networks. With the paradigm shift that we are seeing in our industry today the opportunities to rise and shine are abounding. The competence center reports to Huawei headquarters in China.
We are seeking a Sr. Solution Architect of MSO Solution Marketing to perform the following responsibilities:
- Support strategic projects for the global MSO operators and engaging with customers by sharing the company solutions, strategy and future directions.
- Engage interactively and partner with customers, understanding their requirements, offering optimum solutions and providing detailed product presentations to mid-level to upper management.
- Support customer targeted technology events, preparing technical solutions, and traveling to customer locations and regional Huawei offices to support the account teams.
- Interface with the engineering teams to develop and present proof of concept solutions demonstrations.
- Serve as a Brand ambassador evangelizing Huawei MSO vision and articulating the advantages of Huawei MSO solutions and services.
- Support Huawei MSO Marketing and Branding activities (CXO visits, seminars, workshops, and forums), promote the Huawei MSO brand and develop new opportunities.
- Maintain relationships with top industry analysts and journalists, such as OVUM, Infonetics, Lightreading, etc.
- Acquire customer, market and competitive information on a daily basis in order to influence R&D/HQ in China to make the right and timely decisions for product and solution planning.
- More than 10 years of direct Product Management/Sales Support/Sales Engagement/Engineering & Operation experience in the MSO industry with a proven track record within a well-known international company or cable operator.
- Broad knowledge and deep understanding on the E2E MSO solution, like CM/STB, DOCSIS, HFC, CMTS, EoC, CCAP, IP/MPLS, DWDM/OTN, BTV head end and IP Video, IMS, Cloud/SDN/NFV etc.
- Required areas of expertise include terminal, access, network and service platform in the E2E MSO area.
- Solid understanding of MSO market and business issues.
- Comprehensive relationship with the coax access industry and academia resources.
- Familiar with coax cable communication related standards, with experience in SCTE and CableLabs standards activity and so on.
- Quick learner and self-starter, with a willingness to dive in and learn everything required to be successful on the job.
- Willingness to take ownership of customer solutions and make them successful.
- Must have a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Must have the ability to see and explain the big picture or direction of a project, as well as the ability to drill down to details depending on the audience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and speaking) and ability to work independently.
- Experience in working with various regional sales teams. Must be able to adapt to various regional’s business culture easily.
- Experience in working with Chinese/Asian corporate culture is not mandatory but preferred.
- The job requires at least 35% percent travel and should be open to short notice unplanned travels.