Enterprise Software Engineer - Java
Responsible for designing/implementing an application which will manage a full life-cycle of software components to the application generation. This application/tool will enable all user groups to develop, customize and implement solutions to address and solve customer business problems with efficiency and significant cost savings.
•To undertake development work on new and existing enterprise applications.
•To implement the application development tools in Eclipse IDE with Java.
•To develop application in Eclipse IDE with Java, Spring and internal middleware.
•To assist with formal analysis of the requirements with regard to new and existing systems, and to provide appropriate design documentation.
•To ensure that developed software is robust, well performed and meets required functional requirements.
•To assist in the formulation and implementation of standards for analysis, design, programming, testing and documentation, and to ensure adherence to these standards.
•To ensure that developed software has undergone unit and system testing prior to handover to the Testing and Integration Team.
•To assist with estimating the effort and timescales involved in the tasks that have been delegated to the team.
•To operate proactively within an environment of closely managed projects, providing regular task updates and supporting project management processes.
•To participate in quality reviews, constantly striving to improve working practices.
•To keep abreast of Data Protection, Freedom of Information, and local/national Security policies and ensure that such policies are adhered to.
•Where appropriate, to provide relevant technical advice and guidance to other team members.
Successful candidates must have experiences in the following areas:
- Eclipse IDE Plug-in platform (very important but can be overlooked if very strong in these
other areas below)
- Spring, Spring MVC
- Content Repository Management
- RDBMS, JDBC
- Open-source software
- An enterprise-level Application Server (e.g. jBOSS, Open AS, WebLogic, Glassfish, etc.).
- ORM Tool (e.g. Hibernate, IBATIS)
- Build and Integration Tool (e.g. Maven, Ant etc.)
- Design Patterns
- Metadata Driven Programming
- Methodologies (e.g. Agile Scrum)
MS degree in Computer Science or higher
Minimum 3 – 7+ years n-tier enterprise software development experience in J2EE platform
• Working experiences in enterprise application/tool development with Java, Eclipse
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Good written and verbal and communication skills
• Attention to detail ans quality of work