FutureWei Technologies, Inc. (dba Huawei R&D USA) is a leader in ICT research and development. It develops optical networking; wireless networking, broadband access, data communications, and video conferencing products. The company provides enterprise network solutions, including data center, networking solutions, and cloud computing. FutureWei Technologies, Inc. also develops carrier network solutions comprising metro optical, long haul optical, optical networking, mobile network, and broadband. The company was founded in 2001 and has located its R&D Headquarters in Santa Clara, California, the heart of Silicon Valley.
Senior DBMS Kernel Architect
Will work on leading edge DBMS kernel research and development for scalable high-performance massively parallel processing (MPP) database systems to support big data transactional and analytic applications.
Must enjoy tackling technical challenges by creating innovative solutions, and should have significant knowledge and experiences in database internal structures, query processing, transaction processing, or database storage engine as well as new technologies for databases. Other important attributes are versatility and a passion for building high-quality enterprise-class software systems.
Primary Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead technically in research, design and implementation of an MPP OLTP and OLAP database system,
in particular, the storage subsystem.
- Analyze requirements, design and evaluate key technologies of the DBMS kernel storage subsystem
- Lead and work with a team of architects and engineers to develop proof-of-concept components in storage subsystem
- Write and maintain architecture and detailed design specifications
- Perform design and code review
- Work with CTO and product manager to ensure the architecture design meets the product requirements
- Work with QA manager to develop test specifications
Minimum Job Requirements;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in research and development of DBMS with PhD in CS or a relevant field, or 15 years of experience with a Master's, or 20 years of experience with a Bachelor degree.
- Excellent documentation, organization and communication skills
- Extensive experience with the design and development of a database storage subsystem, query processing, query optimization, transaction processing
- Experience in in-memory database with multi-core optimization a plus
- Experience with PostgreSQL kernel a plus
- Experience in TCP/IP and RDMA a plus
- Experience in LLVM a plus
- Experience in high availability a plus
- Must be a team player
- Self-motivated & detail oriented
- Proficient in C and C++ programming