Position can be either, a FTE Full Time Employee, or a Contractor-Consultant.
OpenStack is an open source technology delivering a massively scalable cloud OS. It is considered as one of the fastest growing and most disruptive open source projects in the cloud industry. We believe OpenStack as the Linux for IaaS infrastructure and are building a core talented engineering group to work on various interesting problems, and this is a great opportunity to become an early member of this exciting cloud infrastructure industry.
Work Location: Santa Clara, CA
4917 Staff Engineer-OpenStack Software Engineer in Automation
This is a key member in charge of building the fully automated cloud infrastructure deployment. He/she will participate the core system design and development. Our target system will utilize the standard interface/s like IPMI and etc. to automate the cloud deployment. He/she will implement systems automation for deployment, testing, and management of web-scale cloud infrastructures.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years proven record of infrastructure level software development experience
- 3+ years Python development experience, Ruby/Java experience will help.
- Comfortable working in open source communities and interacting across mailing lists, IRC is a bonus
- Deep understanding of the data center infrastructure level services such as DNS, DHCP, TFTP, PXE process
- Experience in Chef is a great bonus
- Self-starting mentality that thrives in early-stage and collaboration environment.
What We Can Provide:
- Competitive compensation
- Most importantly the career and professional growth and opportunity to participate in a most exciting technology in cloud industry
About us: Huawei is recognized as one of the most innovative companies in the world (#5) behind Apple, Google…, by Fast Company. http://www.fastcompany.com/mic/2010
In 2011, Huawei USA spent $230 million on local innovation — a 70 percent increase over the previous year’s spending — particularly in cloud computing, information technology, network security and other new technologies. Globally, Huawei increased its overall R&D investment to $3.76 billion, a year-on-year increase of 34.2%.