As a company, we are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population. Huawei's vision is to enrich life through communication.
Consultant - Software Development in Cloud Computing
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Problem to Solve: Software Defined Infrastructure provides a new paradigm for data centers. OpenStack is an open source cloud management system. We are building a set of solutions in bootstrapping and management of a software-defined infrastructure by leveraging OpenStack, Ceph, and SDN technologies, etc.
An important part of this system is resource and system monitoring and management. We are looking for experienced developers to help design and implement a monitoring solution.
- Highly motivated, proactive, innovative thinking and self-driven
- Good understanding of cloud computing, and industry trends.
- Experience in developing software for distributed systems, and for mobile platforms
- Strong script programming skill, Python preferred
- Experience and good knowledge of networking technologies, switch and routing, and related industry products.
- Experience with open-source monitoring solutions such as Ganglia, Nagios, etc a plus.
- Knowledge of open-flow protocol helps but is not required
About us: Huawei is recognized as one of the most innovative companies in the world (#5) behind Apple, Google…, by Fast Company. http://www.fastcompany.com/mic/2010
We are a group of researchers in Huawei US R&D Center located in Santa Clara, CA.
- We are the global No. 1 telecom solution provider serving 45 of the world's top 50 operators
- Recognized on World's Most Innovative Companies List - 3 consecutive years by Fast Company Magazine
- Unprecedented growth - Double digit % growth in revenues every year since 2006
- Our contract sales reached $32.4 billion USD in 2012, a year on year increase of 11+%
- We invest in engineering and innovation - 62,000+ of our 140,000 global employees work in R&D
- We filed 36,344 patent applications in 2011 – globally ranked #3 for International Patent Submissions
- We continually invest heavily in global community involvement programs
- We support green energy - Lowered CO2 emissions by 13,000 tons via Huawei’s green packaging solutions
- We are a member of 130 standard bodies
- We are a global leader providing LTE infrastructure and commercialization - ranked No. 1 worldwide with 50%+ market share (Nov-2011)