Principal BI Architect (Distributed Systems), Santa Clara, CA
Come join the excitement at Huawei Software! We’re looking for hands on engineering architect talents at our innovation center in Santa Clara, California. This is a senior level position, (similar position are available at a lower level. Recent college graduates with background in databases and distributed processing are encouraged to apply) that drives design, architecture and development of next generation Business Intelligence platform for the communications industry, leveraging technology innovations such as cloud computing, distributed multidimensional databases, data streaming, advanced predictive analysis and optimization techniques, leverage open source and internal code base. It will be targeted primarily for telecommunications industry with the aim to further expand scope.
BI Platform provides foundation for building analytic applications and supports modeling of business data and processes; helps relate them to data sources and data movement within the customer environment, using data sources optimized for fast performance and high scalability. These features in turn help extract useful information from data, turn it into knowledge and further into action.
The BI Platform Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing working product prototype in line with business strategy. This is an amazing opportunity to directly play a part in driving the double-digits growth of a multi-million dollars product line, and convert disruptive technologies to commercial products.
We are looking for a development Engineer, not a “solutions engineer”. You will be designing new product and writing code for it. IT experience may be helpful, but hands-on development is a must.
This position is focused on distributed systems and database internals. Familiarity at code and architecture level with technologies like HBase and other members of the Hadoop family would be a good example of desired qualifications, but the project is not limited to Hadoop scope.
- Technical design and implementation of core components and/or sub-systems of the enterprise grade Business intelligence platform architecture.
- Technical proposal and creative ideas to apply innovative technologies to existing/new products.
- Design and implement metadata driven layers of platform, configuration framework, and metadata model.
- Design and implement intelligent data load and query execution components for a distributed multidimensional database.
- Collaborate with global Engineering and Solutions teams to deliver great products to our customers.
- Deeply understand the technical needs of existing and target customers through customer interactions and industry research. Passionately represent the voice of the customers and the industry to internal teams.
The following skills would be helpful:
· · Creative thinking, openness to new ideas, strong desire to innovate
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills
· Excellent programming skills in Java
· Strong background in logic/math
· Ability to come up with solid software design, with a strong focus on high performance and scalability
· Familiarity with database related metadata, query generation, BI and OLAP concepts and techniques
· Familiarity with database internals, indexing, execution plans, ETL, etc
· Familiarity with open source distributed file systems such as HDFS, etc
· Familiarity with Map/Reduce, Hadoop, HBase, Spark, HadoopDB, etc
· Familiarity with data mining, forecasting, optimization, etc
· Experience with Hibernate, Groovy, XML
· Understanding of rules/inference engines, expert systems, graphs
· Experience with/good knowledge of DSL design/implementation
· Familiarity with open source scripting languages/language toolkits
· Understanding of Eclipse Modeling Framework and related standards
· Knowledge of Telecommunications industry a plus
Huawei's vision is to enrich life through communication. Through continuous customer-centric innovation, we have established end-to-end advantages in Telecom Network Infrastructure, Application & Software, Professional Services and Devices. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 100 countries and have served 45 of the world's top 50 telecom operators, as well as one third of the world's population. And as a leading telecom solutions provider, we value the Customer First, Dedication, Continuous Improvement, Openness & Initiative, Integrity, and Teamwork. Our employees drive our vision and make our success possible. Huawei Application & Software has been growing into nearly $3B business with 30% yearly growth and is evaluated by leading industry analysts as the leader in the emerging markets.