Position: Project Cost Analyst
Department: Project Controls
Reports To: Project Controls Manager
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to Project Controls Manager and working with procurement, contracts, and scheduling to produce key measurements for Project Manager.
The Project Cost Analyst will demonstrate DMC’ s core values of: Zero Harm, Respect and Integrity, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and Operational Excellence.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Project controls team with cost coding new commitments to project accounts.
- Review DMC invoices to verify costs paid to correct project accounts. Input data to cash flow spreadsheets.
- Prepare daily labour, equipment, material (LEM) report document for the project.
- Receive, evaluated and compile the subcontractors daily LEMs.
- Develop Averaged Monthly Costs to populate the Indirect Cost on the Daily LEM’s.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Construction and Safety to receive the information to produce the Key Performance Indicators required.
- Coordinate with Document Control and the Subcontractors to ensure the proper and timely flow of information.
- Assist Contract Administrator in providing summary reports for contract packages.
- Manage DMC small vehicle fleet on site. Includes reporting data to maintenance group and ensuring insurance and registration is current.
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Familiarity with MS office required.
- Experience in a project controls or project accounting environment would be an asset.
- Familiarity with project schedules would be an asset.