Position: Human Resources Assistant
Reports To: Human Resources Coordinator
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Human Resources Assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The HR assistant carries out responsibilities in the areas of recruitment, orientation, travel, data entry as well as any other administration duties that may be assigned. The position is based out of our Jansen mine site.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the administration of job vacancies through an online Applicant Tracking System, mining industry websites and other advertising avenues.
- Support on-site recruitment activities by conducting pre-employment checks by screening, phone interviewing and checking candidate references.
- Coordinate new hire activities prior to employment by organizing; camp accommodations, travel, new employee training programs and any other on-site activities that may be required.
- Assists in the orientation of new employees by providing orientation packages; reviewing company policies, completing new hire paperwork and obtaining all manager approval signatures.
- Assists in the tracking of human resources activities by updating spreadsheets, organizational charts and other reports as needed.
- Provides support to all other administrative functions that may require assistance.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Human Resources education and 1-2 years' experience working in a Human Resources Department.
- Ability to understand and follow detailed oral and written instructions.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Computer knowledge and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.