Floor Care Technician
NATURE OF WORK
Contributes to the effective operations of the Dirt Pros Cleaning Systems Environmental Services department, by performing overall floor maintenance of hard surface and carpeted (stripping, waxing, buffing, shampooing, extraction, and bonneting) areas that include offices, classrooms, corridors, lobbies, entrances, stairwells and other public areas such as cafeterias. Other required duties may be assigned by the supervisor such as light maintenance (bulb changing, etc).
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- This job requires the use of specialized power equipment.
- Obey all safety requirements and procedures at all time.
- Perform preventive maintenance check on all equipment prior to use.
- Floor care, including routine mopping (dry and damp), buffing and burnishing on hard surface floors and stairwells.
- Vacuuming, shampooing, bonneting and extracting carpets, stairwells and upholstery.
- Wall cleaning
- Dusting (high and low)
- Routine office and/or classroom cleaning.
- Moves furniture to ease floor cleaning job.
- Simple maintenance tasks including, but not limited to bulb changing
- Maintenance of floor care equipment
- Must handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc.
- Plan work schedule for major tasks.
- Wet mop floors in all rooms and bathrooms. Damp mop all corridor floors, lobby, dining areas, and others daily.
- Clean wash basins, mirrors, commodes, tubs, and showers daily.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, etc.)
- Completely strip and recoat all floor areas when necessary and as scheduled.
- Check entire area for spills, water, etc. periodically.
- Maintains housekeeping equipment and utility closets in a clean and orderly manner.
- Other housekeeping duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
- Duties require verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Previous floor care experience is highly preferred
- Prior hard surface (resilient floor) care experience is a plus, but not required
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- Valid Florida Driver’s license
- This position demands good physical and mental health.
- The Floor Care Technician will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull and work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to move continuously during work hours
- Must be able to lift and/or carry 50 to 75 pounds
- General supervision is received from a professional supervisor who confers on difficult problems and reviews completed work for quality of professional results. Tasks are usually performed under little direct supervision allowing use of independent judgment
Dirt Pros Cleaning Systems is a full services building services contracting company with locations throughout Florida and Georgia. Dirt Pros Cleaning Systems has been nominated for numerous excellence and achievement awards including the TPRG Breakout Business of the Year award in 2002.
Our commitment to quality service and performance begins with attracting the most qualified employees and cleaning professionals who wish to work alongside leaders in the building maintenance field. With support and recognition from co-workers and management, our employees have an opportunity to attain the highest level of professional achievement and personal satisfaction in a dynamic and friendly environment.
Dirt Pros Cleaning Systems offers its employees a wealth of benefits including competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, paid time off, educational and career growth opportunities, and flexible schedules. These are just a few of the many components that comprise the supportive environment at Dirt Pros Cleaning Systems.