938 - Associate Agent
|Location:||Based on Employer|
|# of openings:||4|
Number of Openings: 4
Specific Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 9am -5pm
I. Job Summary
The Associate Agent sells Property & Casualty Insurance to new and current customers; develops prospects from current customers, referral leads and other sources; attends sales and trade meetings to develop new business prospects; make presentations on insurance services to attract new clients; prepare forms or agreements to complete sales; evaluate costs and revenue of agreements to determine if they are profitable to continue; sell personal lines products, (auto & home), commercial, life insurance and/or financial investments; upholds the agency’s reputation and professional manner of conducting business with clients and Nationwide Insurance.
II. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Must be aggressive/assertive, a self starter with the ability to influence others. Should have demonstrated effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communications.
· Must be willing to travel as needed.
· A college degree or equivalent is desirable and must have all licenses as required by the State Department of Insurance.
· Expected to meet the monthly new business premium goals through a variety of sources: cold calls, referrals, etc.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
· Contacts prospective customers to make sales quota and collect necessary deposits for insurance services.
· Develops quota of prospects through an organized prospecting program that may include presentations on insurance services to groups to attract new customers.
· Determines customers insurance needs and prepares proposal to sell accounts. Prepares and communicates proposals. Adheres to agency policies and procedures for writing a new account. Explains features and merits of Nationwide Insurance products & services offered and recommends amount and type of coverage based on analysis of prospect’s circumstances using persuasive sales techniques.
· Ensure that all quotes and sales procedures and practices are in compliance with Nationwide Insurance requirements and State insurance regulations.
· Provide prompt attention to new business follow-up and change processing. Maintains a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with customers, agency, and Nationwide personnel
· Enter information and data regarding every customer interaction in Nationwide Insurance computer software.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results