This is your opportunity to be innovative, flexible, self-directed and to bring your software engineering skills to our dynamically growing organization. We are looking for creative software developers who have a passion to invent, design and implement embedded software along with a curiosity and desire to learn.
Your job will be to create embedded software solutions for Single Board Computers (SBCs), Switch and Graphics products. This includes custom boot code, Board Support Packages (BSPs) and drivers for Power PC and Intel processors using any combination of VxWorks, Linux, Windows and Integrity real-time operating systems. You must be resourceful and able to embrace new challenges using insightful engineering skills with an insatiable appetite to learn.
Apply now if you are a team player willing to share, discuss and brainstorm ideas to define new solutions in the dynamic world of mil/aero embedded computing.
- Analyze requirements and produce verifiable designs.
- Design, develop and test fully featured embedded software solutions.
- Participate in architecture, design and code reviews.
- Provide task breakdowns and accurate estimates for project planning.
- Apply established development processes and contribute to process improvement.
- Develop comprehensive validation procedures and test suites.
- Generate complete and accurate user and design documentation.
- Complete validations and formal releases of embedded products.
- Remain current with embedded software trends and technologies.
- Strong C programming skills.
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility, commitment to quality and achieving deadlines.
- Knowledge of and commitment to software engineering processes and standards.
- Bachelor's in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) with minimum 5 years experience. Co-op experience is applicable.
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Product development lifecycle
- Embedded RTOSs: VxWorks, Linux, Windows, and Integrity.
- Eclipse-based development environments.
- Windows, Linux and Solaris development environments.
- Requirements management tools (DOORs)
- configuration management tools.
- defect tracking tools.
- verification and validation methodologies.
- reading/understanding IC datasheets, board schematics.
- diagnostic tools like Digital Analyzers, On-chip debuggers, JTAG debuggers etc.
- hardware bring-up
- ISO 9000, AS9100, DO-178B