About Colliers International
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
The Director, Financial Planning & Strategy for Canada will lead the Colliers International Canadian FPA team in the execution of all financial planning, strategy and management reporting requirements of the Colliers International Canadian business. This position will be responsible for preparing the annual and strategic long-term financial plans, monitoring and analyzing performance to plan, reforecasting as required, communicating results to management, and disseminating timely and relevant financial and business data to support decision making. The right candidate will deliver insightful and value added business analyses and will introduce processes and tools to facilitate a highly efficient and effective comprehensive planning process. The ideal candidate must also be assertive, self-directed, innovative and driven by details and deadlines.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Drive an efficient, effective, and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to strategic objectives.
- Direct all aspects of company’s expense reporting and annual planning and budgeting processes.
- Manage the Company’s financial planning process which includes regular forecasting, 5 year business plan development, and an annual budget. Act as project manager for the entire budget process setting timelines, ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive, and completed on time. Develop budget tools and prepare complex financial models.
- Lead monthly expense reporting and analysis for the company. Manage and lead the preparation of the Executive monthly reporting package that includes comprehensive KPI reporting, operational Dashboard reporting, financial analysis of key business trends, and comprehensive executive level explanations of variances and trends, including presentation materials.
- Review, analyze, and compare monthly and quarterly operating department financial results and KPI’s against plan and other internal benchmarks, including cash flow analysis.
- Create sophisticated financial models that provide financial analysis and decision support to senior leadership on key business components. Advise business leadership of opportunities and risks impacting business performance. Propose potential solutions to complex problems.
- Provide sophisticated financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for acquisitions, new product development, long-term contracts, CAPEX projects and other ad-hoc financial projects.
- Diagnose and implement process improvements to reduce process cycle times, improve financial forecast quality, and enhance information provided to leadership for business decisions, across all FP&A processes.
- Provide financial analysis around business expense reduction initiatives and capital expenditures.
- Manage an effective team of analysts supporting Canadian business lines and national functions.
- Work closely with Managing Directors across Canada, in all business lines (Brokerage, Real Estate Management Services, Project Management, Valuation and Advisory Services)
- Work with Americas Shared Services Team (Canada and United States), as well as business and functional leaders to continually improve operational reporting to support better decision making, accountability, and efficiency.
- In addition to working closely with the Colliers Canada executive team, this role will have significant exposure to senior management at Colliers Canada, Colliers Global and on occasion, Colliers publically traded parent, FirstService Corporation.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
The successful candidate will possess the following required degrees, certificates or competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CA, CPA or MBA designation preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive financial planning and analysis and corporate finance management experience in high growth service companies.
- Experience with financial planning for a large enterprise, business unit budgeting and reporting, and financial modeling and analysis, and capital budgeting.
- Previous experience using enterprise-wide financial planning systems
- Exceptional analytical and financial analysis skills with passion for details and “digging in”.
- Strong Computer aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel skills. Proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications is a must – Word, Access, PowerPoint.
- Solid understanding of database architecture (advanced SQL skills an asset).
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP required and ideally exposure to and understanding of other key Financial Reporting standards.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience effectively managing staff and team building skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- High emotional intelligence and professionalism.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport directly with senior Executives and Business Leaders.
- Experience with performance management, scorecards, and dash boarding is highly desirable.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with superior attention to detail. Ability to organize and work with large amounts of complex information, managing multiple priorities.
- Outgoing personality and ability to establish rapport and work efficiently with all team members serving various functions at various levels.
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to present analysis and findings in both verbal and written formats to all levels of management.
- Creative thinker – ability to understand the needs of the business and generate new options for providing reporting and conducting analysis.
- An essential ability to work as a business partner with all business units, corporate, and executive leadership.
- High degree of maturity, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Passionate, self-starter, and independent thinker who has the desire to work in a fast-paced organization.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.