About Colliers International
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Manager, Vendor Compliance & Sourcing to join one of our Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto offices. The successful candidate will lead and be accountable for all aspects of vendor relationships across Colliers Real Estate Management Services Canadian portfolio. This role will manage select national vendor contracts directly and as the subject matter expert will support individual purchasing segments as required. Through collaboration and development of strong relationships with the vendor community in each province, the Manager shall lead implementation of creative programs to reduce client operating costs while remaining fully responsive to Colliers’ goals and objectives and supporting local property managers. This role will also manage vendors in accordance with Colliers REMS policy and requirements for mitigating risk associated with the performance and delivery of services at Colliers REMS managed properties.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- The ongoing management and review of vendor management and sourcing policies and practices as required with a focus of continuous improvement for this function.
- Development of new strategic sourcing processes and practices including development of Colliers’ Preferred Partner Program.
- Work with key stakeholders including VP Client Accounting, Accounts Payables group, and property management support staff to develop, communicate and train on processes that affect all users.
- Overseeing the administration of national procurement contracts and to provide support to local contracting needs including reviewing and determining appropriate procurement strategies for individual purchasing segments to ensure alignment with strategic objectives.
- Leading the development of applicable metrics to enable ongoing measurement and improvement of processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Establishing and expanding current relationships in the real estate industry to benefit Colliers and assist with its vendor management and sourcing goals.
- Identifying spending efficiencies and sourcing opportunities to contribute to savings targets while meeting the needs of internal business partners and clients.
- Overseeing supplier management programs to ensure qualified suppliers are selected, maintained and contractually compliant.
- Managing contract management processes and recommending improvements to existing standard contracts, Request for Information/Proposal documents, etc.
- Managing and communicating awareness and integration of procurement function connection with other functional areas such as Property Management, Accounts Payable, Accounting, and Service Technicians etc.
- Lead development of master specifications for Service Level Agreements with emphasis on:
- Waste Removal
- Pest Control
- Snow Removal
- Window Cleaning
- Developing scope and indicating which align with sustainability procurement practices and purchases and supports sustainable certification and recognition (ie. LEED, BOMA Best).
- Create a program for bulk purchasing of energy.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both verbal and written forms in both English and French.
- University Degree and/or Certificate in Purchasing Management.
- 8-10 years of progressive experience in procurement/purchasing, contract management, supply chain management, management consulting and internal process control reviews and risk assessments.
- 5-7 years of experience in the property Management industry.
- Excellent knowledge of procurement functions including sourcing strategies, contract negotiations, and contract management.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including interpersonal relationship building, team facilitation, coaching and mentoring.
- Deadline-oriented with the ability to manage competing priorities under pressure.
- Ability to manage complex transactions involving suppliers, customers and all levels of management.
- Experience in developing strategies and managing complex, and cross-functional procurement projects.
- Knowledge of procurement process, systems, and related e-tools.
- Excellent project management, presentation, research, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong and proven business/financial acumen.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing multiple priorities.
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Previous people management/supervision experience required and proven ability to support engagement in team environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Sharepoint) required.
- Experience with YARDI and ComplyWorks systems would be ideal.
- Fluent in English and French, verbal and written
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.