About Colliers International
Colliers International delivers real estate services globally through 15,000 specialized professionals in more than 480 offices in 61 countries.
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. As seen through our values Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we are committed to accelerating the success of our people and our clients. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and developing a great culture for all our employees.
We create positive, memorable experiences by exceeding expectations both in business outcomes and in personal interactions. Integrity, ethics and empathy guide every interaction and define our service approach with clients and colleagues.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
As a result of continued growth and development within our Valuations and Advisory Services team, we are continually seeking qualified individuals to join our Appraisal team. We are looking for Junior, Intermediate, and Senior Appraisers to join our offices in Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, and Montreal. Depending on the position, the successful candidate will have a basic to advanced understanding of the principles of valuation, have acquired experience within the appraisal and/or realty tax segments of the industry, and have a strong working knowledge of the programs and tools common to the valuation industry.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
• Assist with the preparation of appraisal reports.
• Complete property inspections.
• Ensure data collected as part of ongoing assignments is entered accurately into the company database in a timely fashion.
• Continuously improve their knowledge regarding market and industry trends.
• Develop new client relationships.
• Work cooperatively with team members across the organization.
• Coordinate closely with other market and business lines leaders to exchange best practices, accelerate innovation and ensure quality and consistency in our customer service.
• Other duties as required.
Additional Job Functions for Senior Appraiser:
• Prepare accurate appraisal reports using the latest market information obtained from various internal/external partners.
• Develop cash flow projections, using industry standard software such as Argus and Dyna.
• Manage and maintain client relationships.
• Develop and implement initiatives for continuous process improvement to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
• Coach, train, and mentor Intermediate Appraisers and Analysts by transferring skill and knowledge and reviewing their results.
• Develop, in collaboration with senior leadership, a strategic growth plan for the market, which includes short and long-term action plans and financial goals.
Summary of Required Skills:
• Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
• Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
• Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail.
Additional Required Skills for Junior Appraiser:
• Candidate member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada is preferred.
• 1 to 2 years of commercial real estate experience.
• Basic understanding of real estate.
Additional Required Skills for Intermediate Appraiser:
• AACI designation or substantially all of the education requirements for the AACI designation.
• Minimum 3 years valuation experience with commercial and industrial properties.
• Working knowledge of Argus is a strong asset but not a requirement.
Additional Required Skills for Senior Appraiser:
• Designated member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada is preferred. (MAI, MRICS, AAPI, etc. would also be an asset).
• Strategic understanding of the real estate appraisal, consulting and realty tax services business.
• Minimum 5 years valuation experience with commercial and industrial properties.
• Working knowledge of Argus.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.