About Colliers International
Colliers International delivers real estate services globally through 15,000 specialized professionals in more than 480 offices in 61 countries.
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. As seen through our values Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we are committed to accelerating the success of our people and our clients. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and developing a great culture for all our employees.
We create positive, memorable experiences by exceeding expectations both in business outcomes and in personal interactions. Integrity, ethics and empathy guide every interaction and define our service approach with clients and colleagues.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
As a result of continued growth and development within our Brokerage team, we are continually seeking experienced Commercial Real Estate Advisors to join our team. We are looking for Sales Representatives specializing in all asset classes to join our offices in Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal. The Sales Representative is responsible for all duties related to the selling, leasing and marketing of commercial real estate properties. The Sales Representative’s primary objective is to proactively identify business opportunities and establish relationships in order to generate business.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
• Drive new business development through prospecting including networking and cold-calling.
• Recognize and solicit business opportunities from existing clients.
• Prepare and deliver presentations to clients or prospective clients about real estate investment methods, properties, levels of risk, projected economic conditions, and expected market demands.
• Assist clients in selling properties by establishing asking price, advertising the property, listing the property with listing services and conducting tours for prospective buyers/tenants.
• Negotiate agreements on behalf of clients. Discuss offers and suggest appropriate counter-offers, based on knowledge of the prices, terms and conditions which are the most advantageous for the client.
• Assist prospective buyers in selecting, visiting, inspecting and making offers of purchase on properties.
• Advise clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements and related matters.
• Complete forms including but not limited to property listings, listing agreements, purchase offers, commission agreements, counter offers, contracts of purchase and sale, and agreements to lease.
• Prepare and execute business plans.
• Attend weekly sales meetings.
• Participate and enhance the company’s mission, purpose and core values of Service, Expertise, Community, and Fun.
• Other duties as required.
• A valid Real Estate License required.
• A minimum of three years related work experience with commercial properties required.
• Advanced understanding of the principles of selling, leasing and marketing of commercial real estate properties required.
• A valid driver’s license and fully insured automobile required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
• Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
• Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.