Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Sales Assistant to join our Saskatoon office. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing proactive, right-hand administrative and sales assistance to the Sales Agent(s) by performing the key accountabilities listed below. The Sales Assistant works with the sales team, Brokerage Manager, and Support Team to ensure the goals of the overall office are met.
Saskatoon, the city of bridges and Saskatchewan's commercial hub, is located on the banks of the scenic South Saskatchewan River in the heart of the Canadian prairies. Saskatoon's vibrant commercial real estate market and steady population growth provide ample business opportunities. The strong Saskatchewan economy directly relates to commercial real estate, positioning Saskatoon for continued success as we lead Canada in economic growth.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate client and landlord interaction as directed by Sales Agent(s) pertaining to business development, ongoing contact with clients, or assembly and delivery of information.
- Provide administrative support, including word-processing, generation of presentations and proposals (including tables, inserting images, Excel spreadsheets and graphs), prepare project timelines, legal documents (including agreements of purchase and sale, letters of intent, amendment agreements, offers to lease, and leases.), general correspondence, and spreadsheet reports. Coordinate and develop promotional marketing materials (in conjunction with the Marketing Manager), and collateral necessary to best represent properties.
- Arrange and/or attend meetings with clients, as required (including tours, presentations, and business lunches).
- Financial analysis and learning all aspects of analysis as related to real estate for offers and proposals using excel spreadsheets.
- Composition of presentations, market reports, and comparative analyses.
- Create, develop, update and coordinate the production of marketing materials (in conjunction with the Marketing Manager) including proposals, signs offering summaries, standard and customized brochures, PowerPoint presentations, photographs of properties, the production of listing proposals, market reports, and other client-oriented information as directed by Sales Agent(s).
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files on properties, companies, correspondence, proposals, listings, and sales and leasing contracts as directed by Sales Agent(s).
- Research companies, properties, individuals, legal searches, and plan acquisition, etc. as directed by Sales Agent(s).
- Attend corporate functions, Broker’s receptions, industry events, and other functions as required.
- Create and maintain databases to assist Sales Agent(s) in providing up to date information to clients.
- Attend weekly sales meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in business or finance.
- 3-5 years of experience in a business or office environment preferred; previous experience in the real estate industry is not required but is an asset.
- Proven experience, supported by research and development analysis and report creation.
- Experience with financial analysis capability or compliance is an asset.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality, and attention to detail.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
- Possess strong organizational, time management, and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- A valid driver’s license and fully insured automobile required.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.