SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting and transporting airline passengers requiring wheelchair assistance at the Airport as well as escort unaccompanied minors to and from flights. Special Service Agent provides wheelchair and escorting assistance to persons with disabilities or other special requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Ensures a safe work environment by following all ATS rules and regulations regarding the work place.
· Have a good verbal command of the English language.
· Assist in lifting passengers requiring assistance in and out of carts, wheelchairs and/or aircraft passenger seats.
· Transport passengers in wheelchairs or electric carts to/from or within the concourses.
· Safely assist or lifting persons with disabilities in/out of wheelchairs, carts, or aircraft seats.
· Assist the customer in claiming checked luggage before assisting the passenger in a wheelchair to the curb.
· Transport passengers in wheelchairs or electric carts through Canada and US Customs and immigration into the terminal or gate for release or further processing for other flights as needed.
· Responsible for escorting unaccompanied minors to/from flights and/or to meet the receiving adult and verifying identification and completing appropriate paperwork.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide a clean driver’s abstract.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Must possess a valid passport and be a Canadian Citizen or hold Landed Immigrant status to work in Canada.
· Must be able to obtain airport security clearance.
· Must be able to lift up to 32kgs.
· Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for extended periods of time.
· Must be willing to work in all types elevated noise levels within the airport environment.
· Ability to communicate with customers and fellow employees and serve as a team player under all types of conditions.
· Previous customer service experience.
LOCATION/SPECIFIC WORKING HOURS:
· Specific shifts to be determined
· Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations
· Must be flexible to work various shifts, weekends, or irregular shifts.
ATS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER