What We Are Looking For:
Angie’s List is looking for a SEO Strategist, responsible for optimizing current visitor landing pages and improving search engine rankings to drive more organic traffic and sales.
What You Will Do:
- Evaluates site engagement to recommend improvements for visitor and search engine experience
- Evaluates organic site traffic sources and trends in the context of potential SEO activity
- Suggests and helps implement new methods to increase close rate on SEO pages
- Addresses issues with SEO vitals on pages, including any areas of improvement
- Records and tracks SEO driven traffic, sales and conversion rate
- Creates new opportunities to increase rankings, such as content production, promotions, and partnerships
- Manages complex reporting and garners actionable insights from data
- Proactively investigates potential SEO trends found in site analytics or external tracking tools
- Helps build and improve internal SEO processes
- Researches and develops SEO best practices for Angie’s List
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
What You Will Have:
- Possession of Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years Digital Marketing and SEO experience preferred.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- HTML knowledge and experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of economics, marketing, mathematics, statistics and analytics.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking, and decision making.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken.
- Ability to be highly organized with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to tolerate stress and be adaptable, flexible, persistent, versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to organize information and have attention to detail and accurately follow procedures.
- Ability to maintain self motivation and to work independently and in team environments.
- Ability to piece together conclusions and apply rules to produce answers that make sense.
- Ability to break down complex information into a concise message for decision makers.
- Ability to sit the entire work day viewing a computer monitor.
- This position occasionally works more than 40 hours per week, evenings, or weekends to meet deadlines.