Leisure Travel Consultant/ Independent Contractor
|# of Openings:||1|
The Travel Authority, a leisure division of ALTOUR, the largest American Express Travel Representative, is looking for quality, sales motivated, experienced Travel Agents OR Independent Contractors to join our Sales Team in the Cincinnati/Dayton OH area. Experience and a following preferred. We offer varying compensation programs, based on level of experience. We are highly competitive, paying top commissions in the travel industry, with no start-up or monthly fees.
Objective: We are seeking experienced Consultants that can assess clients' needs in order to provide travel options that meet their expectations, as well as retain and grow their business by building strong client relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for selling and retaining travel clients for cruises, tour packages, hotels, airfare, etc. process bookings in a timely and friendly manner for walk-ins, appointments, phone calls, and email clients. Up sells preferred vendors, insurance, and financial services. Qualifies clients. Establishes rapport and builds client relationships.
· Researches destinations, hotels, cruises, airfare options, site seeing, and additional trip information to best meet the client’s needs and expectations. Attends webinars and studies destination demographics, amenities, values, specials, new hotels, etc. Is knowledgeable of world events and weather that might affect travel plans.
· Processes airfare, hotels, and ground transportation via Worldspan GDS’s. Updates client information in database. Processes travel requests for deposits and payments. Creates and processes accurate invoice using Worldspan, and back office systems.
· Processes final documents which may include itineraries, visas, inoculations, air and transportation tickets, and final payments. Follows up with clients returning from trip and contacts past clients to notify of specials and offer assistance with future travel plans.
· May complete and organize quarterly newsletters for clients. Troubleshoots unexpected travel issues and addresses client concerns.
· Minimum of 3 years experience in a client-focused, travel services environment
· Comprehensive knowledge of Worldspan, and Client Base
· Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
ALTOUR is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results