Test Technologist/Junior Test Engineer
Full-time, 12 month contract
Your excitement. Your knowledge. Your imagination. Your ambition.
Your vision for finding the solutions that will help make a better world.
Validation and Testing has an immediate full-time permanent opportunity for a Test Technologist / Test Engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities and requirements:
• Writing, reviewing and developing test plans for stack testing
• Operation of test stations
• Schedule and direct tests to ensure tests are done in a safe and deliberate manner
• Design test setup to ensure tests are done efficiently
• Troubleshoot any problems related to tests
• Input into next generation test plans
• Ensure all data are collected as accurately as required by the test plan and understand the limitations of all DAQ instrumentation
• Ensure all relevant test data are collected, recorded, reduced and analyzed
• Present test results, test update, conclusion and recommendation to the other departments within product development
• Write test reports, technical procedures and commissioning plans
• Develop links between fuel cell operation and physics
• Technologist/Technician diploma or Relevant Engineering degree with 2 - 3 years fuel cell testing experience is desired
• Familiarity with sound experimental techniques and the application of methods such as DOE.
• Knowledge of fuel cell technology, fundamentals and testing is essential.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Suite, MS Project).
• Strong documentation, organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written), to collect/disseminate information and generate reports.
• Ability to read process diagrams and/or engineering drawings.
• Applicants must be self-starters with a keen desire to get the job done
• Proactive thinking to help resolve potential problems an asset.
• Ability to work in a highly technical and fast-paced environment
• Willingness to accept/follow existing standards and practices as well as to provide and drive development of recommendations for team improvement
• Ability to work occasional shifts outside regular working hours and weekend coverage, as required.
Our talented team is driven to developing ground-breaking technology for zero-emission automotive power trains. We turn challenges into solutions in a team-focused, results-driven work environment where we take our creativity and vision far, to achieve excellence. This is the place to be for the zero-emission revolution—we will be able to tell the next generations, “We were there.”
To apply, please click the "Apply for this Position" button below AFCC welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We thank interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.