We are looking for a hotel operations specialist from the OTA world with experience in hotel onboarding, rate distribution and rate parity to help us build the right process and controls to help scale our new hotel booking engine business. You are someone who can both oversee and be hands-on managing the content and rate teams that onboard hotels – everything from setting up new properties, loading static content and images, to mapping rates – and collaborating with sales managers to manage rate parity and maintain the competitiveness of our hotel product. Above all, you must be obsessive about process and metrics – to drive productivity and efficiency and deliver top-notch client and guest satisfaction.
This position can be based in New York, San Francisco or Chicago.
- Review and analyze competitive rates through tools provided. Maintain rate competitiveness for online hotel booking platform within targets across our competitive set. Advise organization on parity strategies, including internal and automated solutions.
- Monitor and report on inventory and availability parity and agreements set are being adhered to; communicate any discrepancies to the respective sales managers.
- Support hotel partners and customer service team in resolving and addressing all pricing, customer service, and contracting inquiries.
- Manage the content team and hotel onboarding process, including hotel set up, loading images in content management system, mapping rates and test booking connectivity. Ensure hotel properties are bookable and are displaying correctly. Conduct regular content audits to maintain accuracy.
- Oversee the education of participating hotels on Extranet rate-loading and troubleshooting for hotel partner issues across all channel managers (SynXis, GDS, Siteminder, EZYield, RateTiger).
- Educate sales managers on rate mapping, rate parity, and rate distribution channels so they are able to speak intelligently to our hotel partners.
- Help educate hotels on operationalizing the Travelzoo rate with extras for a seamless guest experience. Manage the ongoing compliance of participating hotel with the fulfillment of free extras. Manage the fulfillment of our hotel welcome package program.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 10+ years working within hotel seller industry, with experience in revenue management, rate distribution, and rate parity.
- Knowledge of distribution channels, including GDS, Extranets, direct connect and channel managers. Basic knowledge of key sales and revenue systems (Property Management Systems, Delphi, SynXis) a plus.
- Understand the competitive hotel market in North America and Europe. Define appropriate competitive sets and their relevance to each hotel/resort based on current/future market conditions and industry changes and fluctuations.
- Ability to manage a highly structured process, multitask and prioritize projects for the team. Must have prior experience managing a team of direct and indirect reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal and negotiation skills are essential. Computer literacy is a must.
- Expert Excel skills a requirement.
- Top salary
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Medical, dental and vision
- 401(k) plan
- Exciting, fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture
- Ask about the Travelzoo Experience, a unique benefit for Travelzoo employees